Sabian Symbols Study Group: Libra 17 - #197

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LIBRA
Degree: 17
Number: 197

Symbol: A RETIRED SEA CAPTAIN WATCHES SHIPS ENTERING AND LEAVING THE HARBOR.

purple_scorp

It seems on 18/8/6 I asked the Sabian a lot of different questions but this card was pulled in relation to no question - so just as a daily card. It fitted perfectly with my situation. I am having a lot of problems letting go of a relationship.

On the surface, the card is about a sea captain who is very experienced and has weathered a lot of dangerous situations. I feel like the sea captain who is sitting back now in retirement, but also hoping he will be asked to take the ship out again. I still have the desire, despite the track record.

Lyn Birkbeck's book actually gave a few interesting things to watch out.....like premature withdrawal from what still requires your input. And, I'd been following advice which I thought was objective, but now know different. So, what to believe?

I liked this proverb/quote: "A ship in the harbour is safe but that is not what ships are built for."

with love
purple_scorp

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 196.jpg
    196.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 209

MCsea

purple_scorp said:
I liked this proverb/quote: "A ship in the harbour is safe but that is not what ships are built for."

Oh - that is - well yea I like that quote too - it makes me 'see' my life slipping through my fingers.... and it follows from the washed away boat landing the sybmol before AMAZINGLY...

Numerology: 197
Sabian Symbol: A retired sea captain
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Relaxation
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Suprarenal arteries
Crystal Element: White Fluorite
Expression: White Fluorite is a naturally-occurring variety of fluorite. White Fluorite releases the past as it soothes and calms the spirit.
Message: Time out for quiet solitude, reflecting on adventurous days.
Sun Focus: You pass your knowledge and experiences on to others, helping them to successfully navigate life.
Affirmation: I am in control and choose when to chart a new course in my life.