Quickies

Le Fanu

bodhran said:
Le Fanu, I hope you don't mind, but I named yours Pause/Fast Forward.:D
Perfect! I shall amend it in my Tarot Spread Notebook! :D Much better...

I do think that two card spreads are very under-rated. I notice how everyone talks of one card and three card and 5 card and 7 card spreads, but nobody talks much of two card spreads, and they really are wonderful. Like getting two sides of the coin of a situation. In fact, hey.. I can feel another one coming on.

Heads & Tails; what you see & what you don't see...

KMilliron

Le Fanu said:
In fact, hey.. I can feel another one coming on.
I do see a domino effect coming one.

What you show to others/ what you hide
Worst case and best case scenario
What you think and what you know (opinion versus fact)
Your constructive habits and destructive habits

Honestly the list could go on.

Though honestly I do prefer three card spreads, if doing larger spreads I almost always through mini two card ones inside of it.

Le Fanu

KMilliron said:
Though honestly I do prefer three card spreads, if doing larger spreads I almost always through mini two card ones inside of it.
At the risk of getting too over-elaborated (these are, after all, suposed to be quickies for poker evenings), I love doing two card spreads with a one card Oracle draw.

I often use the Nostradamus Cards for the *message* alongside a two card spread, like any of the ones listed above.

Pam O

T am liking these. :p

It seems like you could use a majority of the 3 card spreads & leave out "situation" card if that is one of the positions, yes?

These 2 card quickie spreads could also be pulled to expand on a larger spread if a certain card is not understood, or maybe that is just going overboard?

graspee

With apologies, as they say, to the late Douglas Adams:

Graspee's concise spread for spiritual insight:

1) What is the answer to life, the universe and everything?

(And of course on a side note, the card that is number 42 will depend on which way you order them ;) )

PrincessPaulina

Hello, Bodhran!
This is a great thread :)

I, too, think that 2-card spreads are under-rated!

When I was just starting out with Tarot, doing 2-card daily readings (versus drawing a single daily card) really taught me to see the relationships between the cards, especially in terms of elements.

aranarose

Me/Him(Her)
Us/Them
Feminine/Masculine

Really, any sort of duality would make an excellent two-card spread to compare and contrast things.

BodhiSeed

You guys have added some great ones while I've been away!:D:heart: