'Tarot 101' - Kim Huggens study group - Exercise 1.3

closerwalking

Take a few minutes to note in a journal, your reason for doing this course? You can be as poetic or straightforward as you like, but try to think of this statement as a way to create a mission statement. Consider what you want to have learned and be able to do by the end of the course? Reflect upon what aspects of Tarot's many uses most appeal to you. As you go through the course, you may find your ideas changing and evolving, you may want to modify this as you go through the exercises, It's helpful to keep it handy and review it periodically.

closerwalking

Tarot 101, exercise 1.3

I want to deepen my ability to have clear, easy communication with the myriad of helpers available to us in the Invisible realm, using my intuition and other inner senses. (want to deepen my use of these senses, rather than relying on intellect, outer sight so much.)

I want to help more people have a working relationship with Spirit that truly helps them.

I want to become proficient at the language of tarot, (learning from the cards rather than books) so that I can use a variety of cards to work with a person. I use the tarot deck as more art therapy and as an oracle. I have been fascinated by oracles, and explored many different methods, settling down with I Ching for a long time. Now am enjoying the use of tarot decks this way, in beautiful way. The cards come to life for me, more and more. and they seem to work better for other people too. than relying on words.

I also would love to make some new good friends, who also love this beautiful tool and want to explore it in depth, beyond the conventional approach. Will be so interesting to see how this evolves. I feel so blessed to be part of a community that has been exploring this, having courage to do this. Tarot's help is needed more than ever.

Owl Song

It's always refreshing to re-examine Tarot from a new perspective and with other people who are excited about exploring it, too. This will be a relaxed journey for me, just taking my time and having fun with the exercises. I've done more serious study in the past but I want to keep this intentionally light. Maybe I'll work with a deck I haven't spent much time with.

I know Tarot pretty well from an analytical standpoint but this time around, I'd like to engage with it in a more creative and personal approach. I'd like to sharpen my intuition and get a better sense of creating a story with each reading, linking the cards together.

Owl Song

I also would love to make some new good friends, who also love this beautiful tool and want to explore it in depth, beyond the conventional approach. Will be so interesting to see how this evolves. I feel so blessed to be part of a community that has been exploring this, having courage to do this. Tarot's help is needed more than ever.

I love your enthusiasm and I'd love to connect with new people and new friends, too. :) I also enjoyed your mention of connecting to spirit, too, as Tarot has been a big part of my spiritual practice.

Great thoughts!

closerwalking

I'm so glad you have joined, we not may have quantity, but we will have quality. I resonate with Owls too. I have an owl statue that often joins me in a reading. thanks for your kind words.

Snowhunter

I started working with Tarot just a couple of months ago so this is another way for me to learn the basics. I have been reading "Seventy-eight Degrees of Wisdom" as well as going through the course on learntarot.com. I get bored easily though so I need multiple sources of knowledge to cycle through so I don't lose interest in Tarot altogether. I really want to stick with this!

I've had a couple of readings for myself where as soon as I put the cards down I knew what the message was. It was just so exciting that I didn't need to stop and refer to a book which really messes with the flow of the moment, so I was able to get a lot out of those readings.

The enthusiasm here so far is contagious!

closerwalking

Welcome!

Owl Song

I'm so glad you have joined, we not may have quantity, but we will have quality. I resonate with Owls too. I have an owl statue that often joins me in a reading. thanks for your kind words.

A lot of people seem to resonate with owls; I really do think there's something special about them.

I'm happy to have joined! :) Thanks for heading up the threads.