Yes/No Spread....?

strangebrew

Hi everyone...:)

I found this link which i find fantastic for answering yes or no questions (to date it has not failed me)!

http://tarotconnection.net/episode-28/

TJ McKeown's Yes/No Approach posted by Ginny Hunt on TarotConnection website (episode 28)

My system for Yes/No questions (I’m not sure if you would call it a spread) requires knowledge of the Major Arcana and their order. After shuffling the deck you answer the question by dealing the cards in a pile as you count the cards.

- Aces are Yes
- Tens are No

If you do not get an Ace or a Ten within 22 cards then the Answer is unavailable or the Question was incorrect. As you deal the cards and count you remember which card it was when an Ace or Ten is laid. You stop dealing and Take into consideration which number it was and the suit.

The yes or no is answered by the number (Ace or 10). The Suit gives more information as does the number 1, 2, 3, … , 22). Match the number to the Major Arcana it represents and this too gives more information. So instead of just a yes or No� you get a little background being the answer, perhaps a Why or Why not�.

The thing is i am wondering whether to include the wheel of fortune as a ten along with the 10 minors...what do ye guys think?

Thanks!
x

Fostha

strangebrew said:
Hi everyone...:)

I found this link which i find fantastic for answering yes or no questions (to date it has not failed me)!

http://tarotconnection.net/episode-28/

The thing is i am wondering whether to include the wheel of fortune as a ten along with the 10 minors...what do ye guys think?

Thanks!
x
Erm...Why not just stick with what ye know if it's not yet failed you....if it aint broke don't fix it as they say.

AJ

I'd say no because the majors are the clarifier for the Ace or 10. What would you clarify with if you include the Wheel as the first part of the answer?
I'm one of those that scoff at using tarot for yes/no, but this was a fun exercise, thanks for sharing it.

Amanda

I'm confused. LOL

I asked my question, shuffled, and drew 2 cards. The second one was the 10 of Cups. So that is "No". Now what do I do?

AJ

Your clarifier to explain why would be the 2nd card of the Majors because your first 10 or Ace was the second card you dealt.

If it had been the 10th card you dealt your clarifier would be the Wheel, as the 10th card of the Majors.

My question was should I mend fences with my MIL
I dealt the 10 of Wands as my third card. I used the Granny Jones and her 10 of Wands is really overwhelmed. The Empress, being the 3rd card in the majors told me she was still playing Queen of May. Which was what I was thinking, and why I was willing to try a yes/no exercise.

So your clarifier is the Magician. Did the cards say true?

But this brings up the question, One of the majors will always be missing as a clarifier because the Fool doesn't have a number.
Does asking a yes/no question automatically make us a Fool ;) therefore making that card unnecessary?

Amanda

Sorry I just now saw this! Thanks for responding! :)

I used the Hanson-Roberts and, like most other decks the 10 of Cups looks really happy. Which, I would have been if my new deck would have come today! And that was my question: "Will I receive Tarot of the Sweet Twilight today?" Because I had tracked the package this morning and saw an 'arrival' scan, so decided to test this little thing out.

That is a good point about the Fool. But wouldn't the second card mean the High Priestess for me? So all together, I guess I would read it as: "No, your deck will not come today (10) and your celebration of happiness (10 of Cups) will have to wait (HP). If that is the case, then I guess it was pretty accurate!

But you're right. The Fool gets totally ignored this way... unless you count him as 22...? I don't know, I'm still kind of confused. LOL

I think I'm going to try this again and ask if my deck will come in the mail tomorrow... although, in all honesty, I'm not a big fan of Yes/No stuff for tarot either... but always curious! :)

Thanks for your help AJ!

13Monkeez

you could think of it like this...the Fool is the beginning of the journey, and would represent the querent on their journey into yes/no questions! lol

illumine

i just came across this.

i tried it, seems to work but we'll have to see with time. i had the same problem with the Wheel. i decided that i will not include it as a Ten.

anyone else having luck, or any reviews, with this system?

roamingfree

works for me most of the time

I had an overall good success with the Ace for yes and 10 for no within the 22 cards. Most came true.

I have to say that I really like the idea of reading other cards for more explanation and to support the final Yes or No. I also found that corresponding the final card, whatever it may be to Majors helps and mostly supports the final card. Really neat insight.

Here is the last reading that has me in an uproar. I did one recently for a question about an ex if we will reunite. It's been a rough break up for reasons justified, so it was just really a question to clarify if we are ending the negative spell and moving forward.

and so the story goes like this (used all upright only):

1st card - the wheel
2nd - knight of cups
3rd - the hierophant
4th - the magician
5th - two of wands
6th - 9 of coins
7th - ace of swords

kalliope

I saw this spread explained on the Love Dove Tarot blog, I think. I can't recall if she explained it this way, but here's what I do, which is easier than counting the cards and trying to remember if you add or subtract 1 to account for the Fool ;) :

I lay out the cards in this formation:

1--2--3--4--5
6--7--8--9--10
11-12-13-14-15
16-17-18-19-20

The groupings of five make it easy to see figure out to which major your Ace or 10 corresponds (if you get one!)