20 12 2012

Winterchild

Couldn't resist doing a date spread for today.....

You could ask any questions but initially I just asked the significance of the date...for me. I laid out the cards as follows, choosing them deliberately for their number values in the Major Arcana:

**********20**********

********2**0**********

So the cards I used were Judgement, The High Priestess and The Fool and then the Hanged Man card to add the 12 to the other cards.

Enjoy! It would be neat to see how many ways others can come up with to question or read these cards in this layout.....

Carla

I don't really understand how to use this spread, could you explain it, please? I am interested. :)

Winterchild

Carla :)

Sorry to confuse.... it is an od spread and maybe in should be in experiments forum instead?

I have blogged what I did on my blog, but you can do what you want. I used the Wildwood and the cards in that deck are very good for relating to this time of year as they follow the wheel.........

I laid out the cards and read what was going on in the 20 and then the 12

I did the same for the 2 and the 0 and then the 12. Because the 12 was what they had in common and the card that came up from the Wildwood was The Mirror, this really reflected back on the other cards.

2+0+1+2+2+0+1+2=10 1+0 = 1 so it was like a cycle where all the meanings came into one meaning. For me it was about the changing cycles, the moving on, reflecting in what should be left behind and what taken with you.

It was just something I kind of made up on the spur of the moment and you could use it anyway you want really...even use different cards that relate to those numbers. I did think of taking all the cards in the deck that relate to 2, 0 or 1 or 12 and shuffling and using those for the spread to be more random....

This spread is a bit like an elastic band....it stretches and can be used many ways!!