Cleansing with sound energy

wildchilde

well, the joke is on me...I came straight here from the other thread as I said, but have been "zoned out" for the past hour or more looking at and listening to different tuning fork sounds, etc. LOL

I was hoping to find a tuning fork set that I could afford, but so far no such luck. And I am also having difficulty determining which ones are based on the Pythagorean system (which I seem to be very drawn to right now!) but I think I am finally on the right track with that, now just have to find some I can afford :( . Are the set you bought Otto or Pythagorean? Also, I am curious if they are weighted. From what I am reading, it seems it makes a difference on the richness of the sound produced.

I found this great vid of 13 minutes of sound with a Pythagorean set and I just keep listening to it and feel awesome! The first time I listened to it, I literally felt like a strange bubbling in my thigh (in a leg that often hurts) so I think there was a re-alignment going on right then!

shelikestoread said:
I took the opportunity to sound-infuse my wands, as well. Ironically, the wands I've made for my website are stored in my studio, so they've all been in on the sound party. But MY wands live in the living room. So they've missed out on all the auditory fun until now. I have now rectified that issue.

These are the wands I use for myself -- one sceptre wand and one double-terminated wand. They are handmade of quartz and glass.

Those are beautiful!!!! I love your work. May I ask what you use these for? I know some healers here who use them in the shaman practice, but I personally have never used a quartz wand or even held one! These look extremely powerful. I noticed on a few of the fork sites that there are "crystal tuners" that are tuned to the same frequency as quartz crystal. Interesting, huh? (and may I say, that table top is polished to a fine finish ;) )

shelikestoread said:
So I'm not the only one in the house having fun with this. The Critter Committee is right there enjoying it with me.

so glad you shared about the CC. Animals always seem to seek out the harmony of a healing environment. And I know from my Reiki practice that they get as much (or more) out of it as humans do. Don't be surprised if you find them "asking" you for sound treatments as they seem to quickly understand the benefits to them of healing modalities such as this. Hope you will share more of your healing adventures with them!

shelikes2read

well, the joke is on me...I came straight here from the other thread as I said, but have been "zoned out" for the past hour or more looking at and listening to different tuning fork sounds, etc. LOL
I totally get it, lol. I think my brain was still in alpha wave mode when I posted a Chakra-tone post in the Super Seven thread.
I was hoping to find a tuning fork set that I could afford, but so far no such luck. And I am also having difficulty determining which ones are based on the Pythagorean system (which I seem to be very drawn to right now!) but I think I am finally on the right track with that, now just have to find some I can afford :( . Are the set you bought Otto or Pythagorean? Also, I am curious if they are weighted. From what I am reading, it seems it makes a difference on the richness of the sound produced.
The tuning forks I have are based on the frequencies that resonate with the Chakras. Some people go with the musical pitches C-D-E-F-G-A-B to resonate with the Root through Crown Chakras. I'm going with a different system, though.
7th Crown Chakra 172.06 Hz
6th Third Eye Chakra 221.23 Hz
5th Throat Chakra 141.27 Hz
4th Heart Chakra 136.10 Hz
3rd Solar Plexus 126.22 Hz
2nd Sacral Chakra 210.42 Hz
1st Root Chakra 194.18 Hz

I also work with two other Chakras.

Chakra 8: The Soul Star is several inches above the Crown Chakra, and is the point where our energy merges with that of the universe. Its color is white or ultraviolet. Its frequency is 272.2 Hz.

Chakra 0: The Earth Star is variously described as some inches below the Root Chakra, at the surface of the Earth, or several inches below the Earth's surface. It is the point where our energy merges with that of the Earth. Its color is dark red, black, or infrared. Its frequency is 68.05 Hz.

I haven't seen these described as Pythagorean tones, nor as Otto. These tones all do have planetary meanings, though, as they're said to resonate with the length of the Earth Day, the rotation of the Earth, and the rotations of various planets. The list is here, and conveniently, the frequencies are listed as hyperlinks where you can hear the pitches. http://www.planetware.de/octave/chakras.html

I had to get the Earth Star tuning fork separately. That one is weighted -- I suspect it would've been enormous if it had been unweighted, because the pitch is so very low. It's SO low that if you find the tone online and try to play it, a lot of speakers on phones or computers can't reproduce it -- you need headphones.

Then I found a reasonably-priced (at least by comparison to other sites) eight-tuning fork set that covers Root through Soul Star. Those are all unweighted.

There are also two cleansing tones that I have discovered as a result of all this research. One is 528 Hz, and the other is 512 Hz. They are both highly pleasing to the ear (my ear, anyway, lol) and they really do brighten up the energies of stones and workspaces. And auras, and anything else the sound waves touch.
I found this great vid of 13 minutes of sound with a Pythagorean set and I just keep listening to it and feel awesome! The first time I listened to it, I literally felt like a strange bubbling in my thigh (in a leg that often hurts) so I think there was a re-alignment going on right then!
Wow, that video sounds fabulous! Definitely a great tool for meditating or otherwise generating an alpha brainwave state. (The state of relaxation, light sleep, and meditation.) I'm sure that the sound waves were having a beneficial effect on your energies. They ARE energy -- you can even physically feel them if you point a tuning fork toward your body -- and they can have a physical impact on more than just our ears.

I have an iPhone app called Chakra Pro that creates tones for Root through Crown Chakra, plus 528 Hz. I sent the author, who has also written equivalent Android apps, a request for Chakras 0 and 8, as well. :)

Those are beautiful!!!! I love your work. May I ask what you use these for? I know some healers here who use them in the shaman practice, but I personally have never used a quartz wand or even held one! These look extremely powerful. I noticed on a few of the fork sites that there are "crystal tuners" that are tuned to the same frequency as quartz crystal. Interesting, huh? (and may I say, that table top is polished to a fine finish ;) )
Thanks! I use them when I'm working on either directing energy into things, or trying to manifest a thought into reality, like, for example, hoping to bring in customers to my site. On three separate occasions, I've used a wand to try and generate that sort of interest, and got a sale within a day. And it's always a pleasant surprise when that happens, because I have zero training in these matters -- I was operating on intuition for both designing the wands (as well as the memory of some wands I had seen years ago and couldn't afford) and in their use.
so glad you shared about the CC. Animals always seem to seek out the harmony of a healing environment. And I know from my Reiki practice that they get as much (or more) out of it as humans do. Don't be surprised if you find them "asking" you for sound treatments as they seem to quickly understand the benefits to them of healing modalities such as this. Hope you will share more of your healing adventures with them!
The Critters definitely like the sounds I'm making. The cats come sit outside the studio, and the dog, who dislikes stairs, stands with her front paws on the bottom step and wags. I"m glad they like them. I'm sure they're hearing harmonic tones that human ears can't pick up.

It was my reading on Reiki that convinced me that we could infuse sound energies into stones and tools. That's why I've given a sound bath to all my jewelry-making supplies and to my personal items, too. My presumption is that now the wands have been filled with that energy, they can project it as needed. Pretty much all energy work involves will and intent, and visualization, so the use of the wands is just an extension of that.

While you're making decisions on when and whether to seek out a set of tuning forks or chimes, you can use your computer (or cell phone, if you have an app). The first time I used 528 Hz, I put some Fluorite cabochons in a small box along with the earbuds from my cell phone, and played back the tone for 15 minutes. I had some bright and happy cabs when I was done. :)

So you can make your stones and tools, as well as yourself, bright and happy with these tones via the phone or computer speakers, too.

shelikes2read

I'm doing some research on Pythagorean tones. The first thing I saw was the tone 256 Hz. Twice that frequency, 512 Hz, is one of the tones I'm using, and that would be one octave higher than 256. So at least one of my items is producing a Pythagorean tone.

I'm going to toss another term into the ring for consideration. There are 9-note scales called Solfeggio scales where all the frequencies are based on numerology. I have an app that gives several such scales. Each one follows a different pattern. One scale is 111 Hz, 222 Hz, 333 Hz, etc. Another is 123, 234, 345, etc. Still another is a scale whose frequencies, numerologically speaking, can be calculated as 3, 6, 9, 3, 6, 9, etc. That one is of interest to me because one of its frequencies is the healing tone 528 Hz.

I'm not going to run around trying to track down chimes or forks for all those Solfeggio scales, though. Even if they all exist, I'd have to hit the lottery to afford them all. ;) Plus, that's just too much for any one brain to keep straight. So I'll stick with the tuning forks for the tones I already have, and let the cell phone give me the Solfeggio scales if I need them.

But I'm mentioning these things because I know there are people here who have an interest in numerology. The combination of numerology plus music might be a source of interest, as well.

shelikes2read

I have bookmarked a site with free, downloadable mp3s of various meditation-oriented tones. http://iso-tones.com/ We love FREE, lol.

One in particular, the Chakra Balancing Sine sound file, sends me into an alpha state every time.

To give an idea of what an alpha state is: our brainwaves vary in frequency, and that determines what state we are in.

14-21 cycles per second (cps) BETA state. Fully Conscious / Awake – the conscious mind is busy, concentrating and engaged in this state

7-14 cps: ALPHA state. Light Sleep / Dreams / Meditation / Daydreams/ Creative Visualization / Connection to the subconscious

4-7 cps: THETA state. Deep Sleep / Lucid dreaming / Deep Trance / Deep Hypnosis

1-3 cps: DELTA state. Very deep sleep or an unconscious state

So according to what I'm seeing here, when we meditate, we are shooting for at least an alpha state, or if we REALLY want to go deep, a theta state.

I can pretty much vouch that I was in AT LEAST an alpha state after listening to the above-mentioned tone sequence, because when I was suddenly distracted from it by the phone ringing, returning to "reality" felt precisely like waking up. I have since made a point of not listening to it at times when I can be jolted back to reality by phones or other distractions.

Incidentally, the 512 Hz chime I have, called the Awakening Bell (to which I can't link, because I can't find a site that isn't trying to SELL the bell to link to) describes the chime as sending people into a theta state. (Which is why I went and looked up the above info on brain states.) I'm not entirely convinced I'm jumping from beta state right to theta, but I can honestly say that the tone is easy to focus on and can be used to enter an alpha state.

I did link to a 512 Hz tone a few posts back, but it's not a tone being generated by this particular chime. This tone and its close cousin the 528 Hz tone are BOTH cleansing tones that feel great to listen to, and they have a superb effect on every thing and area they contact.

The 512 Hz tone is a Pythagorean tone. The 528 Hz tone is a Solfeggio tone. So I'm willing to state that both systems can be effective in energizing, assisting with meditation, and cleansing. It's all a question of what resonates, literally AND figuratively, with the person who wishes to use sound energies as a tool.

raheli

This is a truly fascinating thread. Thank you so much for sharing all of this information.
By the way; your wands are lovely.

The crowned one

Pythagorean tuning is a seven-tone scale of perfect 5ths, producing a very smooth sound. it is really just a variation of the diatonic scale.

I wonder why he stopped at seven.

shelikes2read

Pythagorean tuning is a seven-tone scale of perfect 5ths, producing a very smooth sound. it is really just a variation of the diatonic scale.

I wouldn't be surprised if he chose 7 for mystical reasons.

I'm interested in perfect fifths. I play violin, and its strings are tuned in fifths (G-D-A-E). I guess a Pythagorean scale would be what a violin's strings would be tuned to, if it had seven strings instead of four.

Hemera

Have you ever tried to tune your crystals with the violin instead of the more mechanical and electric sounds from the computer or mp3? One would think that real vibration from a violin would work very well? If one just played the violin near (and to) the crystals would they not pick the correct frequencies from the music?

wildchilde

I have been reading some information on scales and found a very interesting website that has this to say about the Pythagorean scale.
Nicomachus the Pythagorean (second century B.C.) was the first who wrote about Pythagoras’ legendary encounter with ‘the harmonious blacksmith’ and the weights of the 4 different hammers being 12, 9, 8 and 6, that determined the variation in the pitches Pythagoras heard. This story illustrates how the numerical proportions of the notes were discovered. His methodical measuring of the hammers and how the sound was produced and related (collecting data), then making experiments with strings, their tension and lengths (repeating the findings and, with mathematics, formulating them into a law), was the first example of the scientific method.

We will not dwell on the question of the force of the impact or the tension of the strings, which later was discovered as the square root of the force, but just stick to the proportion of weights and the pitches he heard, which led him to his discovery.
Pythagoras' experiments led to the combination of two tetrachords, (two fourths), separated with a whole tone, 9/8, which constitute an octave. He changed the traditional unit in Greek music, the tetrachord, into the octave by an octachord.

In the time of Pythagoras the tradition was strongly based on the seven strings of the lyre, the heptachord. The Greeks considered the number 7 sacred and given by the god Hermes, who handed down the art of lyre playing to Orpheus. The seven-string lyre was also related to the seven planets, amongst other things the ancients venerated. The lyre often, but not always, consisted of seven strings comprising two tetrachords, each one spanning the most elementary concord, the fourth, both joined together on the note mese.

If anyone is interested this website has some pretty amazing information. I was enthralled with the description of the Chinese Scale which was also based on fifths (that went up to 60 keys and the concept of a Divine Vibration called "Huang Chung". Really fascinating stuff if anyone wants to take a look, the link is here:

http://vaczy.dk/htm/scales2.htm

shelikes2read

Have you ever tried to tune your crystals with the violin instead of the more mechanical and electric sounds from the computer or mp3? One would think that real vibration from a violin would work very well? If one just played the violin near (and to) the crystals would they not pick the correct frequencies from the music?

That's one of the reasons why I got tuning forks and chimes. The pitches that are associated with specific Chakras are notes that wouldn't be found on a piano. They might be labeled as D, C#, A, etc. but that's because they fall somewhere in the continuum of frequencies that would be labeled by those notes. The D on the piano and the D on the Chakra tuning fork might be slightly different things. This is because I'm not using the system I've seen that labels Root through Crown as C, D, E, F, G, A B. That's a Western notation system. Other music systems based in other cultures handle notes differently.

I actually could produce any pitch at all on the violin, as there are no frets on the fingerboard. So sliding my finger along the string will produce a smooth range of pitches (kind of like a slide whistle does). But I don't know quite where to place my finger for those in-between-Western-notes tones that resonate with the Chakras.

Anyway, the tuning forks and the chimes are things I invested in, so I could always produce the right notes even in the event of a power failure. :) I mean, who knows if someday we'll need to be tuning our Chakras and cleansing our various crystals during the Zombie Apocalypse, when we can't rely on electricity? ;) I figure I'd need my stones AND Chakras to be in tip-top shape under those circumstances, so hello, tuning forks and hello, chimes. :D

I am entirely fascinated with all this info on the various cultures' musical tuning systems. It interests me greatly to see what other people in other times and places experienced when THEY listened to music, and to realize how different it might have been from what modern Western musicians (of all genres) produce. I've also gained a lot of insight as to WHY some of the more jarringly-dissonant modern music genres repel me so greatly. I forgot that sound is a type of ENERGY, and apparently those energies just are not my cup of tea.

My recommendation is that anyone who is curious about these tones, listen to them on the computer and see how they resonate with you (literally and figuratively). Then if you like them, you'll have discovered a new tool you can use for your crystals and/or your Chakras. And if you REALLY like them, you can look into bringing some non-electronic tools on board so you can produce those tones at will, anywhere, not just in front of the computer.