Crystals/Stones for an Athlete?

phantomjiujitsu

Hello, I am an athlete (specifically combat sports) and I'm a noobie when it comes to crystals but I've been doing some research and am ready to hear some other opinions. So on to my question:
What stones would be good for an athlete?
I was wondering about various stones specifically used for joint pain, flexibility, visualization, confidence, balance, and overall winning!
Can anyone point a noob in the right direction?

phantomjiujitsu

I dont know why, but I'm on my phone and it auto corrected crystals to crystala... technology :(

Richard

I don't do martial arts, but similar physical and mental characteristics are required for musical performance (French horn), which is my avocation. The qualities I need are associated with these stones:

citrine - mental clarity, optimism, confidence, self discipline, physical well being
carnelian - courage, physical energy, self confidence, concentration, self esteem
tiger eye - focus, alertness, determination

I also carry a blue lace agate for the stage fright butterflies. The main thing for me is to stay focused on the music and not let the audience be a distraction.

stonesatiety

Interesting question phantomj. Some great suggestions already. The thing coming strongly right now is natural citrine to help with congestion, to clear the sinuses and stop coughing. If it doesn't seem to work at first, move it around to different places, including out away from your body. Citrine helps take headaches away for me too. An amazing stone. I usually use citrine crystals, but use whatever feels good to you. That's your body telling you that, regardless of analysis, a particular stone resonates with your particular body.

Clear quartz for energy. It has a pure, powerful zing to it that can help one get off the dime. Relax and ask it to fill you with its energy to get you over the hump at the end of a period or match. Stones easily work from a distance as well, so you could carry a small bag inside whatever you use to carry things in. Safe in a locker is fine. A friend could hold the bag, etc. I ask stones at home to help, which works well too.

Smoky quartz might help with butterflies. It's great with grief, sadness and going within to learn more about oneself.

For injury, as anything, go with what feels good to you when you look at it or hold it. My main stone for this is a silver-rutilated, clear quartz sphere. I'm not sure how I could have done the physical labor I have without sleeping with the sphere between my legs. Totally awesome!

For flexibility, try rose quartz, a relaxing, soothing stone. Calcite just came to mind as well. Place the stone against super stiff areas and nearby while stretching.

Try grounding stones for balance. You know the difference between trying to balance with the soles of your feet and feeling your center. The key to balance is remaining grounded. Black tourmaline, obsidian and hematite are a good place to start. Or quartz containing black tourmaline or hematite. The smoky quartz grounds well too.

There's a lot of quartz here. It's reasonably durable, easy to find and plentiful. Study focus with a clear quartz laserwand.

Once you've worked with stones awhile, you may begin to trust whichever you are drawn to, put them in a pocket or keep them in mind (large or fragile stones) and go about your day.

spiritsofthewolf

I would recommend getting a Biomat, it is a mat with amethyst and tourmaline in it and it heats up. My Aunt has one and it is amazing, especially for joint pain. :)

Myrrha

I have used Tiger Eye for courage/strength/"fighter's heart", love LRichard's idea of adding citrine to it.

Herkimer Diamond it is very conducive to seeking precision and excellence in what I do. More about perfecting technique than the fighting energy of Tiger Eye. Garnet has a commanding, royal energy that might be helpful and Carnelian is good for physicality- balance and health in the body.

You could look to see which stones are associated with Mars/Ares. I find that most crystal books and other new age books I have to be creative about "translating" what they say and use my intuitive reactions to the stones. The books seem to be written from a perspective where conflict is bad. They don't take into account the idea of harnessing aggression or even anger and using it constructively. They seem to want to level out all intensity.

When I first started BJJ I was the only girl in a gym full of muscular guys a couple of them with tattoos on their faces. I felt really intimidated and brought a sigil of Marchosias with me every day for the first six months. This was probably overkill but it helped me muster up the courage day to day.