PROBLEM with Yes-No Answers.

alexev

I think this is a problem: you use a YES NO spread and the answer depends on the cards´position. Then , I see that if a deck consists on 78 cards, if you shuffle and reverse only a few cards -5, 10, 30....)the answer will be more likely to be ' YES' as will be more upright cards. What do you think of this?

The crowned one

For me yes/no answers come down to being a "system" and for myself I might as well flip a coin using all my intuition and knowledge on the subject to sub-consciously affect the flip.

Tarot is not good or designed for that sort of divination in my mind. Try a experiment. Have a friend write down 20 yes/ no questions about themselfs..it does not matter if you know the answer or not. Predetermine your "system" upright= yes upsidedown = no that sort of thing. Use your normal ritual to get in tune with your cards and see how you do. Personally I would not use a system with less then a 75% correct ratio and something as black and white as yes/no. I would like to see about 95%. Imagine if 25% of what you say was 100% wrong! See the problem with yes no?

I am suggesting that you be wary of "systems" and yes/no type answers with the cards. Another point: without a time frame these answers can be very misleading. You would need to incorporate that. Two of the hardest things to do with tarot..yes/no and time. ;)

Tara2007

Surely the yes/no answers are hard to get. I like the idea of pulling a single card and going with what you feel about that answer. Does it seem positive or not?

I agree that you should be wary of "systems" of using tarot cards. Your best guide will always be the one you have inside of yourself.

Love & Light

willowfox

The card you receive has a meaning, not just a yes or no situation, it tells you what you are most likely to expect in the situation that you are asking about, so go with the meaning of the card, not whether it comes out reversed or whatever. It is the meaning that is important in this type of question and not its position.