CC Future Position

elena_jaymz

Hi guys, I have some doubts about the Celtic Cross Future Position.
Actually it never happened to me to really predict an event in the near future :( or maybe not yet, I don't know.. What if instead a card in this position is rather an advice? Or maybe a problem you'd better deal with soon?
What are your experiences with cards in this position?
Thanks.

Barleywine

I see the "near future" as a stage-setter for the eventual outcome; it shows what one has to work with going forward toward the end of the matter. It's like a tentative foothold in the final result that provides advice for the early going, and that is still within the querent's power to change over the long haul. It gives early hints of ultimate success or disappointment (to be either nurtured or actively discouraged).

This was taken from my personal notes on the CC. I always read Card #6 and Card #10 in combination. (I noticed while reading Anthony Louis's Tarot Beyond the Basics that he does the same thing.) Everything between the two cards is just "positioning," like "checkpoints" along the way.

elena_jaymz

I see the "near future" as a stage-setter for the eventual outcome; it shows what one has to work with going forward toward the end of the matter. It's like a tentative foothold in the final result that provides advice for the early going, and that is still within the querent's power to change over the long haul. It gives early hints of ultimate success or disappointment (to be either nurtured or actively discouraged).
Thank you Barleywine, actually I was thinking about something similar, the card you get in this position is more like something introducing you to a new stage, more like an advice rather than a specific/particular event... That's how I'd interpret it.

This was taken from my personal notes on the CC. I always read Card #6 and Card #10 in combination. (I noticed while reading Anthony Louis's Tarot Beyond the Basics that he does the same thing.) Everything between the two cards is just "positioning," like "checkpoints" along the way.
Yes, absolutely, this card and the Outcome one are to be read together, they're linked.