Best Decks For Erotic Readings

MadeiraDarling

I'm not looking specifically for erotic decks, although they are acceptable, just what decks are good for getting answers re: sexual questions, as readings about sex and sexuality are a large part of my practice.

Suggestions?

Carojulie

Hi Madeira,

Actually I find that most decks can answer most area of questioning. I used to wonder if I would do better to use such deck for relationships, such deck for business questions.... but in fact, I find that I can read all types of questions with all my favourite decks.
But that is personnal, and I understand that some people favour one deck for love, one other for health etc...
If you have read sexuality questions with your fave decks, what results did you get ? Did you find that one deck does better than another ?

One deck that comes to my mind for sexuality is the Clover tarot. It is one of my favourite, and to me the images are evocative of sensuality.
Otherwise, some of the "darker" decks could add an interesting twist (Tarot of the Vampyres, Bohemian Gothic, Gothic tarot....) but maybe some people will find these too "obvious" for sexuality readings, I do not know ? I think I would find these evocative too, but they might reduce the reading to only one side of sexuality......

Finaly, I would give a try to the non-people decks (Wild Unknown, tarot of the Trees...) because they solve the problem of gender. I find many classic decks too heteronormative, and that can pose a problem for relationship readings, or sexuality readings. The non-people decks open the door to all the gender, non-gender, transgender situations that querents can identify with, and I find that refreshing sometimes, compared to the traditionally gendered decks.

I am curious as to what other members will think of ?

Starri Knytes

I pretty much only use erotic decks for questions related to sex because I have them and ppl enjoy them. Interestingly enough ( to me anyway ) The erotic deck I searched for for years and paid a small fortune for has never been requested or used in a reading. The most requested decks are Manara and Erotica Tarot.

crystalrose

My personal favorites are the Manara and the Eros Oracle. Sex-related readings with normal decks haven't really worked for me. I also own the Decameron, which is much more graphic than the other two.

Starri Knytes

My personal favorites are the Manara and the Eros Oracle. Sex-related readings with normal decks haven't really worked for me. I also own the Decameron, which is much more graphic than the other two.
I had a client that wanted to know what the high point of the yr would be. Manara Magician came up. I suggested alternate means of fertilization. The client confirmed that the were under going IVF.

I don't know that I would have gotten that from any other deck.

Starri Knytes

I can post a pic of the card if anyone's curious. It is rather *NSFL*

G6

Ive had a few decks like this, but the imagery was too samey-samey, so I traded them. I think there's an opportunity for a deck like this that has a little more thought behind the situations. I now have Casanova. I like the Venetian thing going on, but the deck is also a bit samey-samey in its depictions.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/casanova/cards.shtml

So far the Romantic Tarot actually seems to work better for me for relationship/sex questions.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/romantic-tarot/

Starri Knytes

NSFW
Im suprised everyone is saying Manara. Sure, Id like to see some cards, thanks.
This is the card I Magician that I was referring to. I'm sure Google images has more examples from Manara.

This is not indicative of the deck as a whole. As I said a Google search should give you a better feel for the deck.

rwcarter

Hands down the Garden of Priapus/Priapo - www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/giardini-di-priapo/

It makes me laugh and in every reading gives me at least one WTF card that I have to make sense of, forcing me to stretch my tarot muscles in new and different ways. It's my go-to deck for the Reading with Erotic Decks (RED) Exchange. Unfortunately it's long OOP. I paid $250 for mine 5 years ago (or so). It was sealed and I didn't even give it a second thought.

Rodney