The Witch's Oracle

greatdane

Well you know I just want you to be happy, CN :)

We all like what we like, decks, clothes, music. Certain things resonate for whatever reason and we should get what makes us happy!

Glass Owl

I had pre-ordered this deck some time ago but after spotting a few cards of it I cancelled my order. After seeing more of the deck on YT I am glad that I did. The images seems small and the border very large for my taste. Plus, like others have mentioned, I questioned some of the choices in regards to the images that went into the deck.

greatdane

I noticed the borders as well, Glass Owl

I see why some people like it, I get it, but it didn't resonate with me and yes, I think the borders are large. I never really get that. I think few decks are enhanced with WIDE borders.

celticnoodle

Well, I will find out if it is a deck for me or not soon. Moon Gypsy very graciously gave me a great deal on it and I'll be receiving it by the end of the week! :thumbsup: (and thank you, MG!). I can't wait tbh.

I remember getting a deck before that people didn't care much for, and when I got the deck (though now, I can't recall which one it was...), I fell in love with it. So, different strokes for different folks. And, time will soon tell! :)

greatdane

May you love it to bits, CN!

So true. For whatever reason(s), certain decks resonate with us all more than others. There is not right or wrong, good or bad, it's whatever we fancy and works for us. So may your oracle deck be all and more you hope for!

GD

Telspepper

Get all the cards!

Ive been using the cards and the readings are straight to point and simple.
Overall I like the cards very much.
Its rare that I like every card from a deck.
I like most of the images and the ones I don't like are not offensive to me.
The deck is small making it very handy and with so many different types of images it works well with other decks.
I group this with two other decks I have, the Halloween Oracle and Madame Endora's
Fortune Cards. They are all eclectic in their images.
I was disappointed in the Halloween Oracle at first because there are repeats of the same
image, such as the skulls and skeletons, and also I didn't like the joy card for the woman's
bland face. It felt very cut and paste to me. I would have preferred more individual images. But I grew to like the deck. It's great for Halloween and since there are so few Halloween decks, using them is festive for me.
I like that the Witch's and Madame Endora's cards are not so Halloween oriented. I'm happy
to have all three decks even though they are similar they are also different enough to have
all three.

celticnoodle

My Witches Oracle has arrived!!! Still in its plastic wrap! MoonGypsy never even opened to peek at the pictures herself! (How could she resist???) :laugh:

I hurried inside, and opened the very nicely packed envelope and pulled out the deck. Here are my thoughts right off the bat (hee hee) about this deck.

1. Come packaged in a nice box that holds the book and cards easily. I also like the picture on the outside of the box--a witches cauldron with a pentacle over it, and the cauldron is over a fire.

2. The cards are small in size, so good for those with small hands, like me. :) The pictures are pretty nice overall on each card. It does have a raised imprint of the card decor in the background of each picture. You can feel this when you turn over the cards, but that doesn't bother me one bit. You do not necessarily 'see' it on each card. I think that the black cat is probably my favorite picture on the cards. Though, I do like a few others as well--the witches hat, the owl, the phoenix, etc.

3. The cards were a bit sticky, but I've already gone through them a few times, looking at the pictures, and its not as bad now. So, that is just that they were shrink wrapped so tightly to each other, I think and I know it will improve as I continue to play with them. :)

4. The little book is a bit disappointing. Its so slender that the print on each page tends to be 'hidden' right where it is bound together. So, you have to open the book quite wide, which I know will soon break its binding and it will fall apart. However, I am one who likes to assign my own meaning to the cards anyway, and will most likely do just this and not using the book much anyway. However, I do like to read through the book that comes with decks at least once or twice to get an idea of what the developer of the deck was thinking.

I do think it will be easy to read. I love that the pictures are very simple and do not have a lot of extra added pictures to it. This sort of reminds me immediately of the Tea Leaf Reading Oracle, which I also love!

Now, I have to play with it. :D I'm going to have a lot of fun this weekend with this deck in hand, I think.

Thank you again for the wonderful deal, MoonGypsy! :heart:
Ive been using the cards and the readings are straight to point and simple.
Overall I like the cards very much.
Its rare that I like every card from a deck.
same here.
I like most of the images and the ones I don't like are not offensive to me.
The deck is small making it very handy and with so many different types of images it works well with other decks.
oh, I didn't even think of combining it with another deck. Good thought! I also feel the images are well done and as a result will be easy to read with. Not having a lot of other 'things' in with it. I'm still not thrilled with the Unicorn, especially with his face/mouth area--but I can live with it. As you mentioned, I don't always like every single card in a deck. I'm also not thrilled with the Banshee either. I think the pictures could've been better for those two cards.
I group this with two other decks I have, the Halloween Oracle and Madame Endora's
Fortune Cards. They are all eclectic in their images.
I like that the Witch's and Madame Endora's cards are not so Halloween oriented. I'm happy to have all three decks even though they are similar they are also different enough to have
all three.
I also have the Madame Endora's cards and will try to use the two of them once I get use to this one alone. It will be interesting how well they interact with each other. I am very happy with this deck myself. :)

YEA!!! :cool: