Where Can I Get the "Tea Leaf Fortune Cards" by Rae Hepburn?

Enlightenment23

Join AT as a subscriber and you'll be able to put up a want ad. Like most other decks, they do come available for trade or sale periodically. I traded mine away here last summer. And I have yet to have a deck I couldn't get in a reasonable amount of time this way--even one that was only published in an edition of 35 decks.

Thanks for the suggestion! :thumbsup:

Enlightenment23

I did see the title at that site saying "tea leaf fortune cards". However, JayBee is correct, that you need to be careful here. So, I went further on this site and found an email and phone number to the company selling this. I see you are in NY, and the seller is in WA state--but it may be worth your while to call them and purchase it over the phone with a credit card. Can't hurt to try anyway! Good luck again.

Meanwhile, I'll keep my eyes open for this deck. I nearly purchased a 2nd copy when it was re-released, as I had thought about giving it as a gift to my mother. She use to read cards and she loved my deck of tea leaf cards. However, I never did purchase it as my mother is elderly now and my sister didn't think she'd get into it. I had purchased a crystal ball for her (small)--and she just leaves it sitting in the china hutch, never using it. But! If I do find it again for sale--and at a good price, I will pick it up and if you are still looking for a set, I'll let you know. Besides, I think its such a great set, even if you don't want it, I wouldn't mind having a spare on hand. :D

Biblio member since: 2010-09-08
E-mail address: tgbooks@ourgoodwillstore.com
Phone number: 253-573-6690
Address:
Tacoma Goodwill Industries
734 S. 27th St.
Tacoma , Washington 98409 USA

You and JayBee are right about this. I got a quick reply from Biblio and I got the following answer:

"Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this was just the book. Therefore, I had to take it out of our inventory. Thank you for bringing this to our attention."

Curious...

Anyway, thank you for keeping your eyes peeled for me. I'll definitely be on the lookout, too.

Enlightenment23

Uploaded some pics of the box of my set Enlightenment. It was quite pricey when I got it like Celticnoodle said. It's a huge set though, 200 cards and 98 page book!

When you are not sure what version, compare to mine. The one of that site doesn't have the red stripe on the top saying "cards and book" and also the ISBN Numbers don't match.

The ISBN numbers on my set are...

ISBN-10: 1572816708
ISBN-13: 978-1572816701

My version is from 2011, there was definitely earlier versions of the set. The first editions were from 2000 and the ISBN numbers may be different.

On Amazon UK, here is some of the other sellers prices here Maybe that US seller can ship to you for a good price, it's not a bad price.

Good luck with your search Enlightenment! and if you need to use the Trading area here, you can get membership here for 3 months for $9.99. That might be cheaper than some of the prices I have seen for it now.

Hmmm I might contact that U.S. seller and see what he/she can do for me. The box set seems like it would be $56 in U.S. dollars, which is twice the amount I was expecting to pay (I'm not exactly in a position to be splurging on anything :( ), but it's definitely a lot cheaper than the other price offers that were in the thousands. What confuses me though is that the shipping price tag is a lot cheaper for UK residents than U.S. residents. How is that? Ah well...

I will continue hunting for the deck. I might even contact Rae Hepburn herself hehehe

jolie_amethyst

Rae's a member here. A search of threads in this section for "Tea Leaf Fortune Cards" should pull up one or two that she participated in. Her profile might have contact info, or she might be one of those people who gets notified by email when she gets a PM, so that's probably a good place to start. She'll certainly know if another printing is planned.

If you're willing to buy used, it's worth the subscription here. Going through the trading forum, there's a lot less worry about someone sending you just the book, or a deck that's missing some cards.

IHeartRescues

Rae Hepburn's Tea Leaf Fortune Cards

Hi all: I just wanted to post and tell you that I found and bought a new kit of these very recently (2011 ed.) at a local bookstore that happened to have one in stock. It is currently OOP even tho Amazon says it is temp. out of stock. I contacted US Games and they said they had no plans to re-print. May I suggest calling/ emailing some smaller bookstores to see if they still have any unsold. Mine were the regular retail price of just $40.00 US. I am thrilled, to say the least, and the newer US Games version (2011) is packaged SOOOO much better than the 2000 edition.

The organza bag is single-seamed. I think the enclosed-type French-seams would've been better. So if mine rips, I plan to use a pillowcase instead. lol seriously, there's 200 cards to deal with!

Good Luck!

celticnoodle

Hi all: I just wanted to post and tell you that I found and bought a new kit of these very recently (2011 ed.) at a local bookstore that happened to have one in stock. It is currently OOP even tho Amazon says it is temp. out of stock. I contacted US Games and they said they had no plans to re-print. May I suggest calling/ emailing some smaller bookstores to see if they still have any unsold. Mine were the regular retail price of just $40.00 US. I am thrilled, to say the least, and the newer US Games version (2011) is packaged SOOOO much better than the 2000 edition.

The organza bag is single-seamed. I think the enclosed-type French-seams would've been better. So if mine rips, I plan to use a pillowcase instead. lol seriously, there's 200 cards to deal with!

Good Luck!

Congratulations, IHeartRescues! Good buy there. I'm sad to hear they are OOP completely. I do hope Rae will have another printing done on them and if she does, Ithink I will buy a second set to have on hand. These are excellent cards and well worth the $40.00. You'll soon see. They are accurate as heck!

danieljuk

Rae isn't the best answerer of PM's here. We had to drag her into threads discussing the cards in the past but she did give her take and suggestions and was so interesting :)

Sad if there is no further reprints and it is now officially OOP. I tried to see if I could find a way of contacting her online to ask about it but she has no publishers or contact page. She does sell her own readings with the cards on etsy though in her own shop.

great post IHeartRescues! :thumbsup: Yes the early versions of the cards had a horrible book that she felt was a real compromise of what she wanted, I think I remember reading that somewhere here! The 2010+ editions finally include the book she wanted (with real tea leaf reading at the front with instructions and some images to look for and the oracle card meanings in the back, so you get info on both areas) and a nicer package of it all. But those organza bags always fall apart! Mine is tearing but still usable to shuffle them all :( oh well!

IHeartRescues

Woops--I forgot to stay linked to this thread so just reading now.

Yes, it's a fantastic set. Big sturdy box. I contacted her thru her etsy page and she was very kind in replying. We live in the same area so she directed me to a local bookstore. But she told me that it was US Games that decided not to publish her Tea Leaf Fortune Cards anymore. I contacted them and they said they had no plans to publish.

Rae said she was looking for a new publisher.

Like I said, some bookstores still have copies...

celticnoodle

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad to hear she is looking for another publisher. Surprised that US Games isn't interested, as I know they are well sought after. I'll be keeping an eye out for the deck to reappear. :)

danieljuk

thanks from me as well with the update IHeartRescues! How great that she lives near you and had some suggestions :)

I could see how this deck could be very annoying to publish, first of all it's a huge box, a big book with it and one of the biggest oracles out there (200 cards) with the bag! They are also circular cards, it's all very non standard to produce! I guess if sales have fallen or USGames feel it's come to the end of it's life they want to stop producing it :( The set was always quite expensive to buy, I think it reflects all you got with it!

Rae could take it to print on demand services but I am not sure she could make it in the same way! They tend to have small LWB's with them and you can only make rectangle shaped cards (of different sizes). I don't know of any with circular choices. I think print on demand is the answer for publishers who are now OOP and they have full control of it but this oracle is going to be a tricky one to do, I can see why she looking for a new publisher.

Hope there is a new version in future but good luck everyone in finding theirs at the moment :)