Most Disturbing Tarot

WolfyJames

Me and you have very different definitions of "Disturbing." All of those are tame. Care to share why they creep you out?

Sorry, I thought you were asking for disturbing and scary decks, not for the ones we personally find disturbing and scary. Bosch did distubing arts so it's only natural the Bosch Tarot could scare a few. In my case I love what he did so I have the deck. I know some find the Bohemian Gothic Tarot scary and disturbing so I added it to my list, but personally I love it and own it.

And I do find the Victorian Romantic Tarot disturbing and creepy. In that world of pink and laces, sweetness and fluffiness, the people all look unnaturally creepy and mad, and probably torture people and hide dead bodies in the garden.

It's the same for the Bohemian Gothic Tarot, but the gothic setting fit those people like a t so I love that one.

rylla

The Deviant Moon isn't disturbing for me a bit, although I read once for a friend and she asked me never to use it again ; but the giger tarot is visually disturbing (for me).

Sumada

What can one do with only a 22 major deck? You'll never get specific answers with them. I never why some readers choose to read with only 22 cards and leave the other 82& of the cards out.

OK fine, but you do miss out on the truly disturbing :~)

However, you didn't comment about the Tarocco dei Giardini di Priapo - OK with that?

The crowned one

OK fine, but you do miss out on the truly disturbing :~)

However, you didn't comment about the Tarocco dei Giardini di Priapo - OK with that?

HAhaha!... wtf... was my split reaction.

Ok this deck is both amusing at times and disturbing at others... the knights ARE disturbing.

Ten of swords gave me a shiver!

the next card a chuckle..
low brow humour/nudity warning So how do you interpret that? The winds of change? A foul omen?

Oddity

Vertigo is a deck I could *never* find scary – and if you are looking for demonic or satanic, that is definitely not it (at least no more than any other deck ;) ). It's just the art style that could be considered "dark", not the theme of the deck. But if you like that, by all means go for it. Aesthetics can be an important mood setter.

A similar murky, dark and dreamlike look is found in the Archeon. Not scary imho, but some people may find some images disturbing. Tastes vary – we people, we like such different things.

As for disturbing: for me that would be Giger, but you said you don't like that.

Or the Bosch. Not scary, but to me something about it is a bit "off". So very full of loneliness, melancholy and a whiff of madness, like a medieval bagpipe played out of tune, almost out of hearing range... I decided not to get it. Not an in-your-face scary deck, more a bit creepy and unsettling.

AJ

has anyone mentioned the wormweird?

Wintergreen

For me, the two creepiest I've seen are the Lunatic & the Dark Grimoire.

Great idea that, a Macabre sub-collection!

delizt

there's disturbing decks that I can't look at or even touch and then there's disturbing but I can't look away...that is the Deviant Moon for me!