Faeries oracle

lusso

I have had my faeries oracle for about a year and i half now and i still cant make head or tail of it is there any one out there who feels the same way am new at it

Little Baron

Maybe you need an oracle with more simplistic symbols; cards that are not so cluttered so you don't have to sift through all of those pixies and gnomes to find the answer. The 'Answer Deck' gives very straight answers and is available in many book stores in the uk. There are many threads on here about it if you are interested.

LB

lusso

thank you

for replying to me i have been studying tarot for a year an a half now the decks i have are original rider waite still cant get to grips with the faeries oracle thay just confusing to me jonathan dee and i have just been out and got the magical mermaids and dolphins i dont do reading for any one as i still dont under stand my own reading of the cards yet lusso

Little Baron

I do have the Faeries Oracle and as much as I find the artwork very beautiful, it is not a deck that I have been able to read with.
In the book, it says that it is important to make up meanings that are important to you before you read the definitions there. This is all very well for some people but I like my intuition to take over once I have studied the foundations of a particular deck.
At the moment, I am working with playing cards and The Morgan Greer; the best way for me to learn is to take it slowly. Are you reading with very small spreads? I am taking no more than four cards at a time. As a beginner, maybe a two or three card spread would be the best to start off with. Looking at one card, reading up about it and on top of that, looking for things that make sense from the image for yourself. Then, looking at the next card, seeing how it compares and contrasts with the first. Doing many of these small readings will help you understand how they react and work with each other. Make up pretend situations and see if the cards reflect possible advice for the problem. I suggest keeping it small to start with, otherwise it doe get very confusing. The more of these small readings that you do, eventually, you will start seeing the same cards popping up in different situations - telling you different things than they did before. That is how you start to add new layers and meanings to them; how they begin to be special and specific to just you.

Have a go at a few 'two card' readings. The other thing that is important is to take it slowly. Don't rush it. Enjoy it. Give yourself breaks and time to think about what you have learnt. In time, you will get a grip of it all but it does take time. Many of the good readers on here have been practising and learning for decades - I am sure that they are still finding out and learning new things all of the time.

I hope this helps some.

LB

lusso

thank you for ya suggestion on how to do the readings i will give it a go just by doing a 3 card one and see how i get on see if the cards start to make sense as i have tried sleeping with them under my pillow and i have done the one where ya pick 10 cards from the pack and put them up on ya wardrope so that ya see them from the minute you go to bed and the minute you get up i felt that i didnt absorbed them so i stoped doing it lusso