The Devil and the Kabbalah

Dancing Bear

I have just recently acquired a deck of original RWS..and I absolutely Love it..I have never been one for RWS, But something changed and now I am hooked.. LOL!

I did the new deck interview spread and received the Devil as its Best attributes... I think my deck has a sense of humour LOL!!
But seriously regardless fo the question asked and spread it was in,. It made me start researching other meanings and interpretations that would apply to the Devil , hence in comes the Kabbalah..

I am on the understanding the Devil is in between Hod and Tiphareth, Hod being Splendor and Tipareth Beauty and Harmony.. which to me are wonderful to placed upon the Devil BUT; LOL!!

Can anyone tell me where these Kabbalah meanings fit in with the traditional meanings with the Devil..

would it mean that through the Devil card there is a path of transition to enlighten the unenlightened.?? and being linked to Tiphareth Not all would be lost..?

BodhiSeed

Dancing Bear,
You might try asking this question in the Kabbalah section (Kabbalah & Alphabets). While I primarily use the RWS, I don't know much about the Kabbalah. :grin:

Take care,
Bodhran

Dancing Bear

Thanks Bodran...

I was acually thinking the same thing lOL!

I normally dont use the Kabbalah either, but i am finding especially when using spreads( in which i dont normally) but when i do, some cards dont seem to fit at all , so i thought i might add new dimension using the Kabbalah, and *crossing fingers* some cards actually fit LOL!

Take Care DB