Linda Goodman's Star Cards

FaeryGodmother

I recently ordered this deck after stumbling upon them online. I'm a fan of Linda Goodmans books, but I was wondering of anyone else has the deck. Thoughts on it?

Sulis

Is it an oracle deck or a tarot deck FaeryGodmother? If it's an oracle I'll move this thread over to Oracle Decks as you may get more information over there.

FaeryGodmother

Ack! My mistake. It is an oracle. Brain not working I'm afraid.

Sulis

No problem :) It's moved...
Good luck with finding out about this deck :).

Alta

I have this deck; I bought it because Linda Goodman's books had a big influence on me at a certain period in my life.

I am not negative about the deck, more 'neutral'. It seems to be Linda Goodman's ideas as interpreted by someone else. I wish they had stuck with using her material. They have re-named some of the numbers and I always thought that Goodman's names were excellent and evocative, however they also used her astrological correspondences, which is good.

I am a huge fan of her numerology system and find it works better than any other that I have encountered and the cards and book are an excellent resource for that. I never used the deck as an oracle, so can't help you there. And that was just because I know her work on numbers so well, having read it many times, that I couldn't relate completely enough.

The art is well done and the cards are finished nicely.

Alta