Deck of the week group - Week 4 - 27th Aug - 3rd September

Elendil

I very nearly opted for Shadowscapes as well. My previous experience has been that the MAJORS and the courts are a little samey...but it is an aesthetically pleasing deck, no doubt about that. (I even bought the 2011 Astrology Calendar from Llewellyn because the art is by the same artist).

AJ

Nikki, I spent about three hours yesterday afternoon working with the Archetype Deck and no way am I going to spend a week trying to do the same thing. They just aren't meant to be read, but to be used as a rather convoluted journaling project. '

I'm using Caitlin Matthew's Celtic Book of the Dead this week. A meaty deck I can really get my brain into. http://quirkeries.blogspot.com/

NikkiB

Nikki, I spent about three hours yesterday afternoon working with the Archetype Deck and no way am I going to spend a week trying to do the same thing. They just aren't meant to be read, but to be used as a rather convoluted journaling project. '

I'm using Caitlin Matthew's Celtic Book of the Dead this week. A meaty deck I can really get my brain into. http://quirkeries.blogspot.com/

Ok i'll change your deck now :)

Asbestos Mango

Gak. I have officially had it with the Tarot of the Sweet Twilight. The more I try to work with it, the less I like it. Pretty art, but useless to read with. I'm just going through too much in my life right now to waste a week with this deck when I need real insight. I just tried to do a reading with it, and I just can't relate to it at all. And the Death card, carrying the woman off like a lover, looks like an inducement to suicide.

I'm going to work with the Archeon Tarot. Sweet Twilight is going up in the Trading forum.

NikkiB

Gak. I have officially had it with the Tarot of the Sweet Twilight. The more I try to work with it, the less I like it. Pretty art, but useless to read with. I'm just going through too much in my life right now to waste a week with this deck when I need real insight. I just tried to do a reading with it, and I just can't relate to it at all. And the Death card, carrying the woman off like a lover, looks like an inducement to suicide.

I'm going to work with the Archeon Tarot. Sweet Twilight is going up in the Trading forum.

oh dear! hope you get a good trade! will change your deck in the list, hope you enjoy the Archeon!

Asbestos Mango

NikkiB- I've had the Archeon for a while, and have found it to be a great reading deck. I'm going to do a reading with it later, when I've gotten over being aggravated. And I'm not trading the ST, since there aren't any decks that I actually want at just this moment (although I've been kind of looking at Sacred Rose). I'm selling it. At a seven dollar loss, by the time I pay for the shipping.

Sweet Twilight is a pretty deck, but pretty is as pretty does, and I need a deck I can read with.

AJ

Nikki, when you post the threads next week can you differentiate between the titles somehow?
If we are on the forum we can look right and see what thread the new posts are in but when looking for posts by a specific member all we get is the clickable title, not whether it is in Talking Tarot or in the Readings Circle.

You are doing a great job keeping the group on track and interested!
(((hugs))) to all your creatures!

NikkiB

Nikki, when you post the threads next week can you differentiate between the titles somehow?
If we are on the forum we can look right and see what thread the new posts are in but when looking for posts by a specific member all we get is the clickable title, not whether it is in Talking Tarot or in the Readings Circle.

You are doing a great job keeping the group on track and interested!
(((hugs))) to all your creatures!

Yes sorry, I messed that one up, I have asked the lovely Sulis if she can change it for us :)

We have a great group here! missing a couple of regulars this week, hope they are all ok!

desertrat

Wow...lots of people are Shadowscaping this week. Hmm...I could switch over to Shadowscapes...but then you all would be deprived of my most excellent whining. ;) Actually, I haven't had any problems with the Eclectic pips yet. It appears to me that the LWB uses traditional RWS meanings for the pip cards, and those are the meanings that pop into my head when I get a pip. I'm thinking that might not be kosher for the Marseilles enthusiasts, but this is the Eclectic Tarot, so I'm gonna be eclectic.

DaughterOfDanu

This week I think I'm going to do the Legacy of the Divine for my tarot and the Angels of Atlantis for my Oracle alongside my Postmark Lenormand.