What's your sign baby?

purplelady

O.k. Genius at Wrok , I'm going to guess , and it's probubly really stupid of me because I don't hardly know you, and it's purely a guess. 1) taurus 2) gemini 3) Libra with scorpio traits lurking........!? Let me know how I did or if I've failed miserably?!

jade

i'm a leo (obviously!!!) with taurus moon and virgo rising.

:D

love
jade

Major Tom

I'm another obvious Leo :D with a Scorpio moon and Taurus rising. Actually, I've got 5 planets in Leo.

lunalafey

Hey Geenius at Wrok....

purplelady said:
O.k. Genius at Wrok , I'm going to guess , and it's probubly really stupid of me because I don't hardly know you, and it's purely a guess. 1) taurus 2) gemini 3) Libra with scorpio traits lurking........!? Let me know how I did or if I've failed miserably?!

I wan't to try my hand at a guess but I'm not ready too....don't let the cat out just yet....

Sam

my b-day is 8/12 so I'm a Leo. "ROAR!"

zorya

genius? hmmmm leo and aquarius, not sure on the order.

Geenius at Wrok

Originally posted by purplelady
Originally posted by zorya
genius? hmmmm leo and aquarius, not sure on the order.
Originally posted by lunalafey
I wan't to try my hand at a guess but I'm not ready too....don't let the cat out just yet....
Better hurry up, Luna, before folks eliminate the other 11. ;)

Purplelady gets partial credit for picking Gemini, which historically has been most people's first guess. Totally wrong, but very popular.

cricket

Geenius-- I'm betting you're another capricorn. You've got that almost degrading, sarcastic wit that seems to go with the sign.

wavebreaker

I'm a typical Virgo, with Gemini as my rising sign.

Geenius at Wrok

All six guesses are incorrect. That's half the zodiac right there.

This is why I have no patience with people who say things like, "Oh, I'm a Sagittarius, so I'm a very independent thinker!" and, "I'm a Gemini, so I can never make up my mind!" and, "I'm a Pisces, so I feel things more deeply!" The 30-day window one happens to have been born into has zero influence on one's personality. If it did, anyone even moderately informed about astrology and given three guesses ought to be able to peg my sign with nearly 100 percent accuracy, because I'm not at all what you'd call finely drawn. You folks certainly should have had a better than 50 percent chance to get it right. The fault, therefore, is not with you but with the theory. I am not my sign, and my sign is not me, and frankly I don't believe it's really true for anyone else either. Tell me you're a Capricorn, and I know no more about you than I did 30 seconds ago.

I started posing this brain-teaser about 10 years ago after enduring a particularly vapid conversation between two astrologically inclined coworkers. It always goes something like this:

Geenius: All right, you've known me for quite some time now, and you know what traits are associated with what signs. Tell me what my sign is. I'll give you three guesses.

Astrologically Inclined Person: [Makes first guess, which is usually Gemini.]

G: Nope.

AIP: [Makes second guess]

G: Nope.

AIP: [Makes third guess, seems to have to grope for it, because one of the first two should have been right!]

G: Nope, that's not it either.

And here's the kicker—this always happens next:

G: I'm actually a [my sign].

AIP: [gets thoughtful look, starts nodding] Ohhhhhh . . . yeah, I can see that!

No, no, NO. If you could see that, you would have gotten it one of the first three times.

At this point, die-hard devotees will start going on about how it's not my sun sign that really matters but rather my moon sign or rising sign or some such thing. OK, sure, if you choose to believe that—it still has no bearing on my assertion that sun signs don't mean jack and that categorizing oneself and others based on those signs is silly and should be stamped out.

Let the record show—for what it's worth, which is nothing—that Geenius at Wrok is a Pisces.