• I've won a deck; I've listed (but never sold) a deck

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I've bid for (but never won) a deck; I've sold a deck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've never bid for a deck; I've listed (but never sold) a deck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gregory

Bought on e-bay - lots (don't keep a tally !) Sold on e-bay - lots of stuff - but not a single tarot. Are you mad ? SELL one ? how COULD I ?

I have bought some to give as gifts, or to trade here on the forum, but I sell stuff to fund my tarot habit ! I have had one purchase go pearshaped; paypal found the seller at fault but couldn't get my money back. I contacted my credit card, with a copy of paypal's report, and they refunded me. It's always worth a shot.

Like Gerbear I mostly stick to established good guys or people with huge feedback ratings. E-bay's a great place as long as you have a bit of common sense - and there are fantastic bargains to be had ! We don't HAVE to buy the ones with stupid start prices :laugh: .

tao51

I have never bought anything on ebay!

Emeraldgirl

I buy decks on Ebay. They can be a lot cheaper then the stores. I have never sold a deck though. I have never sold anything on Ebay come to think of it.

shaveling

I've bought a few decks on ebay. They were fairly ordinary ones though, and there was no drama in the bidding. In most cases, there was no competition in the bidding at all.

I sometimes wonder what people are thinking when they offer a bid that's more than they would pay for the deck new from a walk-in or online store. Is it the momentum of the bidding process, or just a lack of research?

-shaveling

Gerbear

shaveling said:
I sometimes wonder what people are thinking when they offer a bid that's more than they would pay for the deck new from a walk-in or online store. Is it the momentum of the bidding process, or just a lack of research?

-shaveling

It's mainly a lack of research, and being caught up in the bidding process. Ebay really shines as a marketplace for OOP decks, where the value is determined by demand.

cSpaceDiva

I have bought many, many decks on ebay. I've sold tarot books, but never a deck.

There are bargains to be had, but you do have to sort through a lot of junk. I got the Tarot de Paris brand new for less than $3, Hoi Polloi for $1.99 (one card missing, but still worth it to me). One of my recent purchases was a University Books RWS for $10. Um, make that a Unuversity Books by Pamela Coleman Smith and Arthur Edward White. Sometimes I search for tarrot decks. Their spelling incompetence is often my gain.

Moonchild1721

I've never bid on nor listed decks on ebay. I bought one thing there, but recently closed my account, because my cousin had some really bad experiences with buying things there. I don't think I could ever part with any of my decks! Even ones I don't use very much, I still like to have them. I like the idea of 'rescuing' unwanted cards on ebay though. Maybe I'll have to go have a look!
Samantha

mythos

I've won heaps of decks at good prices, bought a few through 'buy-it-now' after price comparisons, sold a couple of decks and books ... I love it....and yes, I bid late and always put in my maximum bid as well. I then disappear because I can't stand the stress of the last minute watching process. I work on the theory that, if I don't win a deck, it is because somebody else has more money than sense :laugh:

mythos :smoker:

Flidais

I have won lots of my decks and books on eBay. I always check prices against sellers such as Amazon and various discounters. If I am interested in getting a particular deck, I check eBay every day.

Annabelle

I've bought lots of tarot decks on eBay, but never sold any decks (or any other items, for that matter) through eBay. If for some reason I really want to part with a deck, it's easier and more fun to simply trade it with someone here.

My experience with buying decks on eBay has been wonderful so far; I've had minor problems with a couple of sellers, but always received my deck in the end. Given that many of the decks I'm looking for are OOP or simply not easily available in the U.S. through normal sources, buying through eBay is often the only way I can find what I'm after. And I frequently get great deals that way, too . . .