Shuffling questions

astrofeather

Hi! I was torn between putting this here because it's kinda about mechanics, or Talking Tarot. If it fits better anywhere else, it can just get moved of course!

How do you guys shuffle your decks? I'm very picky? overly-protective? and am slightly mortified at the idea of potentially bending a card by shuffling like you would with a regular deck. Is there an easier/lighter/lower impact way to do that?

The method I generally use is what LearnTarot calls the Cowie Push/Put, but I move chunks of cards around (I pull a chunk out, and put it in the front, then another in the back, and the third back in front), and do my best to split the deck in half and alternate pulling the front/back cards from the two sections for max shuffleage.

Chrystella

I use different shuffling methods depending on the deck. Generally, I do a few overhands and riffles. I may or may not bridge the cards depending on the deck and sometimes my riffling is more along the lines of letting them drop rather than bending and releasing them quickly. I can't easily riffle big decks. Also, while there are some decks that I don't mind wearing out or damaging, others are more precious to me.