Are Spirit Boards Dangerous?

UnicornHealer

Hi everyone... So I was just wondering what your guys' views, opinions and experiences are regarding spirit boards. I apologize if I posted about this before and forgot, but even if I had, my opinion has changed radically over the last few weeks.

I bought The Enchanted Spellboard by Amy Zerner and Monte Farber. I love their tarot, The Enchanted Tarot, and I have some of their other oracle items - they've been producing a LOT of oracle kits since the 1980s... Anyway, it is not just a lettered board. I have one of those although it's not a Ouija brand version because I think those are ugly and have creepy images on them - I don't want to approach a divination form that I think looks disturbing because that just sets the mood for having a bad experience from the get-go. I have one that's pastel with a fairy on it, although I don't use it much because all it spells out is gobble-dee-guck. Occasionally I can figure out some misspelled wording, but the messages are usually just strange and don't provide me with anything other than perhaps some lame, desperately boring entertainment to kill some time with.

So anyway... The board that I have from Zerner-Farber has eight rings on it. You're supposed to begin learning from the outside and work your way inward. The outer most part is just yes and no, maybe and question (which means to rephrase or ask something else). Next to those words, also on the outer ring are the gemstones, "garnet, aquamarine, citrine, amethyst, tourmaline, turquoise, sapphire and jade." The next ring has the prewritten words, "day, night, unknown, near, far, night, wrong, reap, sow, fix, break, gain, take, past, present, and future." The next ring in has sixteen different colors and all of the zodiac signs. The next ring has letters. The next ring closing in toward the center has the trees, "laurel, willow, elm, holly, beech, oak, maple, walnut, ash, chestnut, fir and cedar." And the second to last circle has, what looks like enchantresses or muses, each with a different concept written above her, and those are, "courage, wellness, creativity, abundance, enlightenment, banishing, location, timing, joy, success, communication, and love." Lastly, there's a ring of numbers, and inside that is the center, which is a pentacle. The planchette's starting place is in the center on the pentacle, and it's a round, clear, plastic, circular piece with a clear center as opposed to a triangular pointer with a window in the center.

I have been using it quite a bit - I'm one of those people that can operate them on my own, and doesn't require a second person or a group of people to use it. Of course, the radionic energy is much stronger when there's another person, and sometimes the messages seem to be much clearer and/or the planchette moves much faster, but I can still do it by myself.

I absolutely love that it has all these symbols, plus a book that interprets each one, and when I use it, I don't call on spirit or anything, but I do ask that it show me answers only in symbols - honestly just because that's much more fun. Sometimes I'll ask questions, and sometimes I'll just put my hands on it and let it move around as it pleases. My dog is always in the room with me, and he has never had any reaction to it. I have never sensed any spirits or entities either, and there has never been paranormal activity of any kind.

I'm starting to think that these devices are not malevolent. Consider if a person was playing with a Ouija board and a light bulb blew out. The person would say it was related to spirit activity. But maybe the light bulb was just bad - and had the person been watching TV or reading, they wouldn't have said that the bulb went out because of spirits. Therefore, how many of these horror stories people tell are just misinterpretations of regular activity? Maybe there are scientific explanations for all the, "things," that happen. If paranormal activity is occurring, maybe the user is causing it because they expect it to happen and believe it's something that should happen or is likely to? Maybe they even just take more notice of things like a door being pushed open by the wind or a glass falling off the edge of the table because they played with the board a few weeks ago, and yet again, the supposed ghost activity really has nothing to do with the board at all?

Then there's the issue of people receiving evil messages being spelled out, supposedly from evil entities... In the same way that the tarot taps into the hidden subconscious and reveals hidden depths of personality or negative thoughts or feelings that a person doesn't want to admit they have, maybe the ouija board is tapping into this same energy? Everyone has hatred, plotting, opportunism or manipulation somewhere inside them at some point in their lives, so maybe the Ouija board just taps into this? The tarot certainly does and especially when looking at the Jungian archetypes depicted in the court cards.

Anyway, the reason I'm bringing this up is because I've been enjoying The Enchanted SpellBoard so much, and I'm just absolutely certain that it does not tap into anything more than the subconscious, unconscious, and perhaps eternal memory - like the Akashic Records. Never has their been a spirit or entity present that either me or my dog has sensed. And never has their been any paranormal activity or negative messages. I guess one night a light bulb did go out while I was using it, but it was a very old bulb that had been dimming for months. There's really nothing to suggest that it wasn't a natural occurrence. After replacing it, it's been fixed. And nothing else like that has happened. I feel quite sure that the answers I receive are coming from my, "Higher Self."

So, what's the deal? Everything I've ever been told or read about regarding these boards has so far been proved untrue to me in my own experimentation, not to mention I'm finding that these tools can be extremely useful and provide accurate and meaningful guidance. In that however, I would say the board with symbols is more useful for this than boards with only letters and numbers on them. I've been researching Ouija boards now and reading articles for a couple days, and there has never been any confirmed deaths, possessions or hauntings from these items. Claims, yes, but never anything that could be documented as a certainty...

So are spirit boards bad? Are they dangerous? How does the planchette move? Where do the messages come from? Is there any reason not to use one? ...I'm interested in your guys' opinions, especially those of you who have much more experience than me with divination and more expertise/practice/discipline/years of experience with spirituality than I do. Thanks in advance for anyone who'll take the time to respond. This is really important to me since I've become so passionate about enjoying sessions using my Enchanted Spellboard. My friends and family are absolutely frightened and disheartened by the fact that I've been doing this - they expect something bad to happen to me eventually (possession, haunting, spiritual and/or mental illness, etc)., but this attitude just reinforces what I've been saying here for the last few paragraphs - I think this item has been given a really bad reputation derived from fear, but in reality I see no evidence to actually support this belief... I think the whole thing may just be fear mongering.

Here are some photos of the board I'm using...

board2.jpg

tpgWROl.jpg

LaLaToro

It weighs heavy with me that no one has replied to this, seeing as how you feel so passionately about using your board. I'm thinking it's probably just that this is such a run in the ground subject that has so many opinions. There was a post a few weeks ago, I think by LittleOne, that may give you some insight on the subject.
If you feel like it taps into your higher consciousness and you're safe, then that may be just what it is. I had a similar Amy Zerner (or whatshername) board that did not give me such results. Perhaps by not inviting spirits into it, it's only for your personal use and the bulb was a spirit saying, " hey invite me into this thing!" I personally wouldn't touch another one because of what was said on the other post (I believe by Padma) 'if you knock on a door, something will answer.' Maybe you can find insight in older posts. I hope you find what you're looking for. Xx

gregory

No, not dangerous. But possibly what you do with one might be.

If you feel OK with it - go for it.

Barleywine

No, not dangerous. But possibly what you do with one might be.

If you feel OK with it - go for it.

This debate goes way back to the rise of the use of ouija boards when I was a metaphysical stripling. The thought then was that their use can open a gateway to the astral, and if you're suggestible and wide-open to whatever comes through (which may be inimical to human mental health), you might expose yourself to some psychic danger. In practice, I've never seen them used for anything other then some quasi-mystical fun, but I suppose the risk is there. If you're tough-minded and prepared for whatever you may "dredge up" from the "other side" of our objective reality, then I agree with Gregory.

DownUnderNZer

I have two types with one being by those two you mention. I respect my boards and have fun with them, but don't take on board what comes through as have never found them to be more than an extension of me. Fun though. Probably had them over 20 years and still have an extra one of theirs still in its original wrapper. Brand new.

Would not recommend you do it in a place that has had satanic going ons after what I just watched as of late on A Haunting.

Have known some to open portals thus attracting negative entities or low energy spirits. The board itself is not the problem, but the user or location. And some have been affected quite badly by their experiences.

I never had a problem and took them abroad with me even..so my boards and playing cards for years. They were for fun and to use at parties sometimes, but as a tool for reading. ..not really. :)

DownUnderNZer

Ps I have the Psychic Circle x 2 by them and a Native American Indian one. They are both there somewhere I just don't use them as much anymore.

Now this one of yours is vibrant and colorful. I really like it.

Will buy it to add to my Halloween Exchange with myself, but that means I have to be just as fair to the other box (there are two) so have to find another thing just as cool. Neat! :thumbsup: