Skrying Mirror

Barleywine

In one of his books, Scott Cunningham gave instructions for making and consecrating a "black" skrying mirror. This involved painting a smallish piece of glass with waterproof flat black paint on one side, then immersing it overnight in running water under the light of the Full Moon. I would rather use a "magic mirror" than the tattwa cards and their flashing colors for skrying, and I have the perfect place on my propery to do the consecration of a mirror.

Has anyone made such a mirror? Any advice?

GotH

Psst.... Hey Barleywine,

May I share something with you? You could try using your phone, your iPad or your television when their turned off. They work just as well. :shhh:

*But I understand the desire and enjoyment of getting magickal with your tools. It makes it all feel so... well.. magickal. I do hope you find some assistance with your mirror Barleywine..

Good luck! :)

Padma

A black ceramic bowl filled with water works every bit as well :) and is less time and effort to use. Under the full moon, it is already immediately consecrated by the moon and the sign it is under when you do the scrying. :)

GotH

A black ceramic bowl filled with water works every bit as well :) and is less time and effort to use. Under the full moon, it is already immediately consecrated by the moon and the sign it is under when you do the scrying. :)

:thumbsup:

I like that..

I've used a black ceramic bowl/water and got some AMAZING images for someone..

Padma

:thumbsup:

I like that..

I've used a black ceramic bowl/water and got some AMAZING images for someone..

yes, it does work really well! :love:

Barleywine

Excellent! Thanks for the tip.

celticnoodle

Psst.... Hey Barleywine,

May I share something with you? You could try using your phone, your iPad or your television when their turned off. They work just as well. :shhh:

*But I understand the desire and enjoyment of getting magickal with your tools. It makes it all feel so... well.. magickal. I do hope you find some assistance with your mirror Barleywine..

Good luck! :)
:laugh: you're so cute, Goth.

yep. it does. as does any bowl of water. You know what I found to be really good, and just about everyone has a crystal bowl. You know the heavy crystal bowls you have for special dinners to put things into? fill that up with water to scry in.

But, really anything can do..the wallpaper, the tiled floor, a picture with just swirls of color or a pattern in it. Or just a plain white piece of paper.

That said, it is also nicer to have your 'own' scrying object.

Good luck Barleywine if you decide to make that scrying mirror! Keep us posted. :D

Barleywine

You know what I found to be really good, and just about everyone has a crystal bowl. You know the heavy crystal bowls you have for special dinners to put things into? fill that up with water to scry in.

I certainly do have one of those, but I'd probably just get repeated visions of lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers . . . :D

Laura Borealis

In one of his books, Scott Cunningham gave instructions for making and consecrating a "black" skrying mirror. This involved painting a smallish piece of glass with waterproof flat black paint on one side, then immersing it overnight in running water under the light of the Full Moon. I would rather use a "magic mirror" than the tattwa cards and their flashing colors for skrying, and I have the perfect place on my propery to do the consecration of a mirror.

Has anyone made such a mirror? Any advice?

I did! I made one, years ago, following Scott's instructions. I forget which book that was in.

I wasn't able to see anything in it. But I also didn't really dedicate myself to trying, you know? I tried a few times and gave up. I felt like it was too smooth and featureless. Also mine may have been too small (about the size of a playing card).

If I were to make another one, I'd use something a little bigger. Also, I'd like a round piece of glass, if I could find one.