Creating a BTVS deck - Looking for other fans

alicamel

Just wondering if anyone here would be interested in a Buffy/Angel tarot deck. If so,
(and even if you're not) I'd love for you to let me know what you think!

Currently all but seven of the major arcana cards have been created and you can see who the others will be. I'm just begining to plan the minor arcana.

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/ofshatteredred/tarot/index.html

Thanks!

Melvis

Welcome to Aeclectic, Alicamel!

I like who you've chosen so far for the Majors! How are you going to choose the themes for the minors?

How about Anya (sp?) for Justice? She used to be a Vengeance Demon, didn't she? Kind of sick and twisted justice, but justice nonetheless!

I can't wait to see more cards! Great idea!

Peace,

Melvis

alicamel

Thanks.

I never considered using Anya as Justice - interesting! I'm basing my deck on the Thoth Tarot Deck, and he calls card 8 Adjustment. I thought I might have Doyle fits both as Justice, in the sense that he is helping balance out Angel's wrongs by helping him fight evil, and as Adjustment as he is struggling to balance both his human and demon sides.

Besides, I think Anya suits The Sun much better. Tactless, vain, with skills in financial matters. : )

For the minors, I thought Wands would be Slaying, demons, good vs evil etc. Buffy as the Ace of Wands, Faith as Dominion, The First Slayer as Virtue, Kendra as Completion. The Court cards: Knight - Angelus, Queen - Darla, Prince - Spike, Princess - Drusilla.

The rest is less thought out. Cups, possibly relationships, with Xander as the Ace. Ace of Swords is definately Willow; the theme could be magic, (and/or intelligence?)

Don't know about Disks. Was considering the Initiative as a theme, but don't really now. Giles as the Ace, just to round out the four?

I think I've been thinking about this too much when I've got exams next week. :p

Alice

Hush

wow, thats such a good idea!!!!!!

im a huge btvs fan and a huge tarot obsessee, this is so cool :)

*tries to think up who could be used for what cards*

Hush

having looked over them, i like them...

couldnt you use more varied pictures then characters though? you have darla for the tower, but you could use the tower that glory builds at the end of series 5, or for the hermit you could take a screen cap of buffy when she's standing alone in the desert or something, there are a lot of things that you could use...

i lovethe death card btw, exactly how i imagined it.

theyre great :)

Major Tom

I'm a huge Buffy fan so I had to have a look. }>

Your cards look good so far but I've got a couple of comments you might want to consider:

1. Have you thought about contacting the producers of the series? They might be interested enough to provide an advance so you can devote more time to finishing the deck. They might be interested in publishing it - after all there is a huge market for Buffy/Angel related material.

2. Your designs are a bit stark - not much for someone to use for interpretation unless they are huge fans. That includes me I guess, because I don't recognise some of the characters you've used. Maybe you could include some symbols too?

Good luck with your deck.

Geenius at Wrok

Major Tom (26 Feb, 2002 00:37):
Have you thought about contacting the producers of the series? They might be interested enough to provide an advance so you can devote more time to finishing the deck. They might be interested in publishing it - after all there is a huge market for Buffy/Angel related material.

Plus, if the deck is an "approved" BtVS product, you can probably gain access to all sorts of official production art—actual scenes from episodes and whatnot.

Geenius at Wrok

A thought: Instead of "Wands," what about "Stakes"? ;-)

Kiama

I too like the characters you have chosen for the Majors, esp Angel for the Hanged Man. But I do agree that you may need some more symbolism in there to help out those of us who aren't as full of Buffy knowledge as we would like!

Major: I see we are rooting out all the secret Buffy admirers slowly. ;p

Kiama

Hush

you can easily get screen caps from buffyguide.com or wherever, they have a huuuuge selection of frames from eps from s1 to s5.

i wonder how interested the buffy people would be...i think they'd probably take the idea and re work it all to make it more sellable and stuff, coz theyd wanna put their own angle on it, if you know what i mean.

bah i dunno...heh