Creating a BTVS deck - Looking for other fans

Ceit

bleuivy said:
I would LOVE to get my hands on a BtVS/Angle deck. And now that both shows are finished *sob!*, the mythology is firmly in place. Now, the meaning the artist intended to put on each card wouldn't be changed by later episodes adding more to the mythology behind the symbolism.

I especially like the idea of the hanged man as spike on the cross, and oz as the hermit.

Ceit -- why would you put Harmony on the Strength card? Buffy or Cordelia strike me as more the strength type. I would be interested in hearing your reasoning.

As for the sun, how about Dawn? Or perhaps an image of Angel or Spike in sunlight?

Also, in your idea BtVS deck, would you include characters and mythology/symbolish from Angle's series, or keep it firmly in the realm of Sunnydale?

The reason why that I choose Harmony as strenght is her inner strength. She might not have had the smarts to achieve her goals but she did have them and went after them. She was determined and didn't let things stand in her way. Granted that she was painted as stupid evil, she still had the determination to go on.

Stregnth to me is more the ability to carry on in advesity.

I would do the "buffy-verse" including Angel in the tarot cards.

bleuivy

Ceit said:
The reason why that I choose Harmony as strenght is her inner strength. She might not have had the smarts to achieve her goals but she did have them and went after them. She was determined and didn't let things stand in her way. Granted that she was painted as stupid evil, she still had the determination to go on.

Stregnth to me is more the ability to carry on in advesity.

Ah. Now I see, though your interpretation is one that didn't just jump out at me when I read the card description. I guess that's something I would have to get out of the LWB, which is pretty ironic because I usually hate reading them, LOL.

See? Now this thread is making me want a Buffy tarot deck. Just my luck they don't exist, huh? Maybe I'll just have to make my own...

VisionQuest

Wow, great thread...

I'm not a huge BTVS fan, but I am a HUGE Angel fan...lol

I have only recently started to see a few of the BTVS reruns, and of course whatever came up on episodes of Angel, so I really have very little knowledge of BTVS.

I would love to see an Angel deck. But for a BTVS/Angel deck, the few things I definately agree with are:

Giles as the Hierophant
Joyce as the Empress
Did someone mention Angelus for the Devil card?
And I guess I would have to go with Angel & Buffy for the lovers card.

Everything else I see Angel characters for.

Great thread though :)

gothicphoenixx

sounds like a good idea to me. lol, i'll have to tell my one friend to come and check it out because he's a HUGE Buffy fan. A couple of my other friends are so into it they've nicknamed our cirlce of friends around the characters. So, I think you'd have at least a couple decks sold just in who I know. You'd have even more if you get it approved through the producors. And, like someone said, they might help you get it off the ground.

I tried to check out the site but it gave me an error page

bleuivy

VisionQuest said:
Giles as the Hierophant
Joyce as the Empress
Did someone mention Angelus for the Devil card?
And I guess I would have to go with Angel & Buffy for the lovers card.

Everything else I see Angel characters for.

VisionQuest: just saw your post. I LOVE Angel as well. (Cannot wait for the 5th season to come out on DVD.) Anyway, what Angel characters do you see for the different cards?

VisionQuest

I haven't really thought it out, but since I am an Angel fan and not very familiar with Buffy...my thoughts are going to go to Angel characters...

Also , I'm still learning the meanings for each card, and learning that different decks have different meanings for the same card sometimes...so...
perhaps...

Magician = Lorne = because of his creativity, intuitive abilities, and a general "magickal" persona.
Strength = Cordelia = I can't exactly explain why, it just seems to be the most fitting for Cordelia to me.
Temperance = Fred = Not Fred when they first met her, but later Fred lol.
Devil = Angelus
Hanged Man = Gunn
Hermit = Connor
I don't know what to do with Wesley...he seems like the Empress/Protector to me... but not in the typical sense ... maybe cause he strikes me as the "Mother Hen" of the group with his practicality and logic and all that.
Also, I don't know which Angel would be lol I thought of him for the Hanged Man, but ...I dunno...
Some of these are really difficult...lol
I will probably change my mind as I become more familiar with the cards :)

seneris

Hi there,

interesting to see all the many choices people have made. There are many possibilities for a Buffy/Angel deck. A few months ago I made one myself (just the majors) and I made some other choices for the cards. I'll post a list here.
Mind you that I'm still learning all the meanings of the cards so my interpretations could be different. I'm happy with my choices.

Well, I hope everybody's seen the last season of Buffy, I'm afraid there are lots of spoilers in my deck.

0 Fool: young Buffy Summers, before she became a slayer
1 Magician: the First Slayer
2 High Priestess: Drusilla
3 Empress: Joyce Summers
4 Emperor: Rupert Giles, the father-figure
5 Hierophant: Quinten Tarvers, Watcher’s Counsil
6 Lovers: Buffy/ Angel; Buffy/ Spike
7 Chariot: Spike (got his soul)
8 Strength: Angel (worries about his soul)
9 Hermit: Oz, who left to keep his wherewolf-being under control
10 Wheel: the stake
11 Justice: Cordelia (from hip and rich to member of the scoobies and having to work for her money)
12 Hanged Man: Xander (the only one without 'superpowers')
13 Death: Buffy and The Master/ Buffy sacrificing herself for Dawn
14 Temperance: Anya (balance between being a demon and being a human)
15 Devil: Faith (the other side of Buffy. At first she was everything Buffy wasn't.)
16 Tower: destruction of Sunnydale (season 7, last eppy)
17 Star: Tara
18 Moon: Willow
19 Sun: Dawn
20 Judgement: Buffy season 5, episode 1, brought back to life with a spell.
21 World: Buffy, end of season 7.

gothicphoenixx

That sounds like a good start:)
One circle of my friends has given everyones nicknames based on the show. It's cool we'd each have a card that fits the character, and to some degree the ones you picked reflect the people as well.

AmberWolf

Ooh I love the idea of a Buffy theme deck.

I wholeheartdedly agree with Joyce as the Empress, and Tara as Temperance.

For the Lovers, I can see Buffy/Angel. But Buffy / Spike feel wrong because of the nature of the relationship. Have such an unhealthy glow to it. A suggestion I didn't saw for the Lovers is Willow/Tara. They are the first to come to mind for me because I always found striking how peaceful, deep and balanced their relationship seem to be (point of view of someone who know everything happening all trough the end of season 7 but who SAW only up to end of season 5. )

Anyway, just a point of view I saw nobody mention so I thought I would drop my two cents. :)

Simone

Sorry to be a partypooper, gals and guys, but have a look at this...

Found this by chance while looking for another deck at Tarotpassages...

Nonetheless I find the idea a good one, and I have found wanting myself to borrow the Series' again from a friend to watch them all all over again ;) (Buffy and Angel).

Love
Simone