As of yet untitled deck

KMilliron

Really like tarot, and since graduating last year I haven't actively thrown myself into any artistic endeavors, so I thought I'd try to make a deck.

I'm using pretty much just photoshop right now. Grungy Emoy Cyanide and Happinessy kind of thing. The suits are as follows
Internal Organs as Cups
Blunt Objects as Wands
Sharp Edges as Swords
Stones as Pentacles

Below are the links to the images I've done so far. Each suit has it's own album.

The Internal Organs Suit
The Blunt Objects Suit
The Stones Suit
No images yet for Sharp Edges

Finished Images (Will try to complete one card each day. Project started 4/15)
Ace IA
Two IA

Ace BO
Three BO

Ace S

Amanda

Not sure if I'm a fan of the suits or their titles being on the card, but I really like the artwork so far. :thumbsup:

KMilliron

Just the Aces will have them. Not even sure if I'm doing court cards or Major arcana cards yet. I have more artwork done, but my flash drive seems to have gone missing. I'll get around to file transferring in a bit.

Amanda

I've always wanted to do a deck with everything except the Majors. I think it would make it a little more fortune-teller-ish, but those apparently aren't very popular as I've yet to come across one. LOL

Now, are all your cards going to be done in the black/white with a pop of red format you've done here, or are they going to change a little throughout suit, (or something else entirely?)

Amanda

I spoke too soon! LOL I like the colors.

KMilliron

Just used my old MP3 player as a flash drive, so more artwork is up. I also have thumbnail sketches of several of the cards, but that's all black and white.

KMilliron

Amanda_04 said:
I spoke too soon! LOL I like the colors.
As have I! I was going for dark, but not overly depressing. I want dark, but cute. "Oh look, the three of sharp edges, but isn't that adorable!" Kinda thing.

Eyebright

Like what you have done so far, and I quite like the names for the suits. The style and atmosphere of the cards really appeal to me!

I would love to see a full 78 card deck though, I can't quite imagine how readable I would find it without the majors or courts! But then I have never tried reading with playing cards. I'm a strictly tarot girl at the moment :eek:

KMilliron

Eyebright said:
Like what you have done so far, and I quite like the names for the suits. The style and atmosphere of the cards really appeal to me!

I would love to see a full 78 card deck though, I can't quite imagine how readable I would find it without the majors or courts! But then I have never tried reading with playing cards. I'm a strictly tarot girl at the moment :eek:
Like I have a few ideas regarding a Major Arcana, but it feels out of place. I want to really relate to this deck, but the way I'm imagining the major arcana going I don't feel as though it would be usable to many other people. I know this is a personal project, but I'm game with sharing.

For example, I'm thinking making a lot of the major arcana artists or musicians. Keyboards for the magician, vocals for HP, bass for empress, guitar for emperor, drums for hierophant. But how many people will understand the instrument corralation to the card meanings? I just don't see many people going "Well obviously the bass is the underlying instrument, where it may not be as active as the more noticable guitar, it's what holds the entire instrument progression and roots the chords and melodies."

Yes, I DO put that much thought into my instruments.

Mellifluous

I like your style very much. The two of internal organs is freakin' adorable.

See it through! :)