As of yet untitled deck

KMilliron

Eyebright said:
I love that idea GryffinSong, I can totally see that in my head in KMilliron's awesome art style. I do really like the way this deck is shaping up!

A sceptre would be awesome for the King's and Queen's, I can imagine them bashing people over the head with them! Minion fetch me a goblet of wine!

Knights could maybe have a shield or sword or something?

I'm really impressed with everything you have put up so far. I like the grungey font too :)
Since I'm probably going to be using instruments in the major arcana, and your post just gave me an idea, I'm thinking having the pages just be holding their various suits, knights I'm still unsure, queens posed with their various suits whilst working on an art project, and kings would have the fruition of that project as like a back drop?

Must sketch! But that idea pays homage to several of my favorite quotes, may post them later.

GryffinSong

KMilliron said:
That's times new roman, along with another layer on top, which is me just kind of scribbling over it. I have family dinner in an hour (I share this birthday with my cousin so we always get grouped, she's fifteen today) so I doubt I'll be able to do much photoshopping tonight....

You've mentioned the generations. My mom turns 80 tomorrow and she loves them too!!! She said, and I quote, "Oh my gosh, they are adorable!" And now she adds, "She could be a comic strip artist."

I forsee a very bright future for you, whatever you do. :)

KMilliron

GryffinSong said:
You've mentioned the generations. My mom turns 80 tomorrow and she loves them too!!! She said, and I quote, "Oh my gosh, they are adorable!" And now she adds, "She could be a comic strip artist."

I forsee a very bright future for you, whatever you do. :)
Hahaha. Comic strip artist? Tell your mother that my dad sent me to therapy for that, as well as the school sending me to counseling.
Oh and apparently using the school's web design classes to actually make and upload a website for said comics is a big enough offense to get me kicked off the schools computers for the rest of the year.

Failed web design that way. Only F I have ever received. Makes a great story.

GryffinSong

LOL! Some of the greatest artists of all time were flunked and shrunk for their work. ;)

And I just told my mom what you said and she's incensed on your behalf. She says, and I quote, "That's terrible ... squishing talent like that!!!" I wish you could hear the indignation in her voice ... it's awesome. So, you have at least two older fans!!! :) I'm 53 by the way, in case you're wondering how ancient your fans are.

GryffinSong

KMilliron said:
...Failed web design that way. Only F I have ever received. Makes a great story.

So. To recap. You flunked web design because you succeeded at web design. Right.

ETA: I'm shaking my head at the irony!!! LOL

KMilliron

GryffinSong said:
So. To recap. You flunked web design because you succeeded at web design. Right.

ETA: I'm shaking my head at the irony!!! LOL
Ancient fans rules.

Yeah actually what happened was, I asked my web design teacher if I could use my comics as the web page we have to design as our final project, and she said yes. So I scanned the comics, designed the page, blah blah blah. Posted them online.
Computer administrater says that I can't post online, so I stop updating the site.
Counseler and vice principal say that the comics are innappropriate because they undermind authority (which btw they had no authority in them) so I take the comics off my HTML files, and just sub in these place holders. That was okayed by the teacher, admin, counseler, and vice principal.

Went to class and booted up photoshop, and my screen was instantly locked. The teacher was called by the admin saying he was instructed to make sure I didn't make any mroe comics, and by trying to undermine authority and proceed to photoshop them instead of hand draw them I was kicked off of all school computers.

I seriously just needed to fix the gradient on a button. Needless to say, the counseler did not believe me. Dad was contacted. Dad already thought I was crazy. He sent me to therapy.

Dude, it was just a button. >.<

Eyebright

That's ridiculous for them to treat you like that. As GS said its trying to squish your talent, instead of cherishing it and bringing it out into the open. How terrible if thats what schools are like these days.

Good to see you have found an outlet for your talent anyways! I think you will get nothing but encouragement here. I predict much lusting for your cards!

KMilliron

Eyebright said:
That's ridiculous for them to treat you like that. As GS said its trying to squish your talent, instead of cherishing it and bringing it out into the open. How terrible if thats what schools are like these days.

Good to see you have found an outlet for your talent anyways! I think you will get nothing but encouragement here. I predict much lusting for your cards!
Actually that school had a vendetta against kids who wear black. I get that a lot actually. Especially growing up in small schools. Sketching now, I have ideas for the Queen of Sharp Edges, Page of Blunt Objects, Empress (Bassist), and hierophant (drums)

Eyebright

Ooh good to hear to creative juices are flowing! I like the concept of instruments for the majors.

I know all about prejudice, some work colleagues have never quite been the same with me since my pentacle necklace slid out of my top when I leant forward once. Much bug eyes and a very awkward silence followd :p

I still wear it, they can like it or lump, y'know? Be who you want to be, and don't let anyone tell you different! :heart:

GryffinSong

KMilliron said:
Actually that school had a vendetta against kids who wear black. I get that a lot actually. Especially growing up in small schools. Sketching now, I have ideas for the Queen of Sharp Edges, Page of Blunt Objects, Empress (Bassist), and hierophant (drums)

Woohoo, your creative juices are flowing!!! I love it!!! And lots of kids wear black. They should get over it. *shrug*

When I was your age I had trouble getting motivated, and was way too little of a rebel. I've spent much of my life getting up the gumption to totally be myself, artistically, and personally. I THRILL to see a young person who's not afraid to express their talent, and who shows so much promise. There's a lot of discussion in the world about how stifled true artistic talent often is, and how little understood. Someone gave me a card a few years ago when I was making some major life changes (sold everything and hit the road in my RV for five years). The card said something like ... "Sometimes you have to color outside the lines in order to make of your life a masterpiece."

So, as long as you're not destructive to yourself or others (drugs, suicide, that sort of thing) then I say go for it. Be yourself. Express yourself. There are lots of us who will encourage you to find and express your own true voice. From this aging artist, BRAVA!!! And if I'm ever rich and famous, you're welcome to come to my artist colony and work your socks off!!! ;)