Wisdom of the House of Night cards

Leikkona

I bought this during a little crisis of mine... I'm waiting for it.
But even now, when I look at it, I find it so, so pretty *-* ! I don't know if it will be a reading deck, but I really, really love the art, and I like the writing of Baron-Reid, which is a plus.

Even if the books were cheesy and I didn't read more than the first tome because holy Hel it was... strange and really not to my taste.

Miss Divine

I just watched your youtube review and totally agree with you. This deck is awesome!!
I wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised when I received them. I got mine I believe in October and I use them often. No matter what question I ask, this deck always delivers! It is NOT fluffy, and as always Colette's writings in the book are to the point and a pleasure to read. It lives on my nightstand since I got it. The images are gorgeous! I never read or even heard of the books these cards originated from. I'm not interested in them either, I enjoy the oracle for what it is. :)

Melia

Miss Divine, care to share how this deck compares to the other decks by Collette that you own?

And thanks for the video akirafist. You're right for just over $10, this deck is very cheap.

Aulruna

I considered this one just because I really like Wisdom of Avalon and Enchanted Map, but I'm still on the fence because I found the first two books so insufferable, immature and badly written I stopped reading them. Can't really see myself going back to revisited the convoluted stroppy story.

However, I like that not each and every card has a lovely lady character on it, but also items etc.

Are there elemental references or other references to the HoN religious "system" like what GlassOwl described?

HighPriestess

Are there elemental references or other references to the HoN religious "system" like what GlassOwl described?

There are five elemental priestesses (Priestess of Water, Spirit, etc.) and the entire deck is structured around a framing story of vampyre queen Sgiach receiving the cards as Nyx's messages to vampyre and non-vampyre alike, but the cards basically just give a message without really referring to their significance in the series (a sentence at best). For more info on the religious system and such, I'd say the supplemental books to the series (The Fledgling Handbook and Nyx in the House of Night) do a much better job than these cards.

That said, I've heard it works well on its own merits even for someone who isn't familiar with the series.

lonyx

I ordered this a few days ago :) I didn't know that it was so new!! Really excited to get this bc it's so pretty!

I found it on a Blog site. Forgot the name of the person tho :-/

MysticalMoose

Just watched the review above, thank you. I love it... This is def going on my "to buy" list :)

MysticalMoose

Mine came today. It's lovely but I had to round those super sharp corners off !!!!!!