Sibilla?

BodhiSeed

With the renewed interest in Lenormand lately, I'm surprised Sibilla decks aren't being looked at as well. I had several of these decks years ago, but ended up giving them all away in frustration because there were different interpretations of the cards (French, Italian, and a mixture). I've recently decided to give them another go and have ordered Dal Negro's I Misteri della Sibilla from Alida. So are any of you using a Sibilla deck? If so, do you have any suggestions for reading with them?

Attachments

• MisteriSibilla.jpg
    MisteriSibilla.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 921
  • MisteriSib2.jpg
    MisteriSib2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 828

kalliope

I like the Sibillas, and have the one you just ordered. (It's beautiful!) If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that the Sibilla decks will become more popular as time goes on now that Lenormand has whetted the popular appetite for practical card reading.

All I've done with them is use them for 3-card daily readings, on-and-off during the past year or so. I'm actually better at getting accurate daily reads from them than anything else, not sure why.

There are fewer resources for reading these decks at the moment, so that part stinks. The good news is that they seem very practical in their orientation so if you just translate the keywords and start using them regularly, you're likely to build up some skill. There are a few groups on Facebook that look at Sibilla-type decks, too.

This website is in Italian, but you can use Google Translate (I'm in the process of translating it all for my Evernote notebook): http://www.itarocchidigabriella.it/sibille.htm

I translated the keywords for my I Misteri deck and put them into Evernote for use when I read with them. I just made a PDF of it and have attached it below since it may save you some work when you get your deck. :)

Attachments

• iMisteri_keywords.pdf
    61 KB · Views: 416

BodhiSeed

Kalliope, you're a peach! :heart: I was beginning to think no one on this forum used Sibilla cards. I really appreciate you sharing the translated keywords and the wonderful online resource. Now I'm not regretting the purchase of these beauties. :D I hope you're right about the possibility of these decks becoming more popular!

Emily

I've just took delivery of the LoScarabeo Sibilla decks. The one is just called the Sibilla Oracle Cards and the other is the Every Day Oracle.

I thought it would be the Every Day Oracle that I would really like but I like the Sibilla Oracle cards more, I really like the style of artwork and the fact that they have keywords but the Sibilla Oracle artwork leans towards being intuitive. Also the LWB is very basic with no meanings so I feel that I can go my own way with them.

Also your keyword chart is interesting kalliope, I'm going to check and see if they match my cards too :)

Le Fanu

I like Sibillas! I have the Lo Scarabeo ones Emily mentions and I like the Every day Oracle the most. I also have that one in the Meneghello edition. Beautiful old worlde artwork.

I also have another lovely one called sibilla gitana which was published by lo scarabeo in conjunction with the publishers Fabbri/Orbis in 2001. see link. One of my favourites.

I have found that the LWB with the Every Day Oracle is very useful... Others may beg to differ. I read them in a sort of Lenormand style, like sentences together.

Attachments

• P5170487.JPG
    P5170487.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 689

BodhiSeed

Good to know there are some more Sibilla fans out there. :) Le Fanu, the Gitano one is lovely!

Padma

A few weeks ago I received the LoS Gypsy Oracle Cards (Sibilla Della Zingara) and at first was hugely frustrated by the lack of information on combos and reading systems and card meanings for the deck. The short LWB that comes with the deck offers one spread to use and no interpretations of the cards at all. You can buy one book in English for this deck, but it is $25 on Amazon and it is a 52 page book - one page per card, with only the most basic meanings attached.

I have used Kapherus' excellent cartomancy blog as well as goldenmousedeer's blog, which are the only two I can find that give decent meanings and a few combos, as well as playing card matches for each of the cards in the deck. Also SeaQueen has written meanings out for one of the Sibella decks, and while I have cards that don't match hers in titles, still, she gives a good foundation to begin reading with them :) Her blog is very informative.

I've been using daily journaling of three-card draws to give myself a familiarity with the flow of the deck and the possible meanings of the cards. I find them more nuanced and less literal than the Lenormand, perhaps because there are many more cards in the deck, and so it doesn't need to be as blunt and to the point! I am only now beginning to understand what it is trying to tell me...it's a work in progress :p

ETA Kalliope - thanks SO much for sharing! :love:

Emily

I like the look of the Gitano one too. The readings I'm getting from the Sibilla feel very different from the Lenormand, they seem very easy to work with, I think it's because they flow.

Earlier on I got the Thief card,It fell out as I was shuffling, I couldn't relate so set it to one side. Later my teenage son came in and started to tell us about some boys he knows. Apparently they went on a shoplifting spree in a Poundland shop and got caught.

I might start doing dailies with them too.

Emily

Thanks Lotus Padma, I'll check out those blogs too. :)

Padma

I've attached pics of the Gypsy one here. I like the images - they have a neat art deco feel to some of them, and have an odd mix of Medieval thrown in for good measure. (see the Conversation card beside the dog :) )

I have come to understand that the "Despair" card - the man shooting himself in the head, which I found alarming at first - means making a bigger drama out of something than it is, or making mountains out of small worries. Lol...

ETA no problem, Emily! :heart: happy to share.

Attachments

• sibella dog.jpg
    sibella dog.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 648
  • sibilla soldier.jpg
    sibilla soldier.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 627
  • sibilla deck.jpg
    sibilla deck.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 669