Sibilla?

Emily

The Gypsy Gitano does look like a really nice deck, I'm trying not to get enabled here lol

I want to concentrate on the Sibilla Oracle, it seems to want to work with me too and I'm finding it easier than the Lenormands I have. I think it's because they do feel alot like playing cards, I learned to read playing cards as a child long before I discovered tarot. There doesn't seem to be any rules with the Sibilla, you have the image and keyword, it's a nice way to get to know the cards. :)

Emily

I've been using the Sibilla for a few days now and so far, I'm impressed. The images and keywords are very open to free interpretation and there is a card that covers just about every situation, I think Lo Scarabeo have been a little liberal with their translations of some of the keywords - Morte come to mind, they have that translated to Fright lol

The readings don't seem as intense as tarot infact they cover the mundane, very good for dailies and self reading. They also seem easier to get into than the Lenormand. I struggle and puzzle over the Lenormand and yet these Sibilla cards were usable straight out of the box. I don't really understand why they aren't more popular.

Le Fanu

I think Lo Scarabeo have been a little liberal with their translations of some of the keywords - Morte come to mind, they have that translated to Fright lol
I wonder if that is a translation of the word which we have in Portuguese (and probably Italian) of "susto" which I sometimes see translated as fright but is probably nearer to "sudden shock" or the noun (not verb) "scare."

Emily

I wonder if that is a translation of the word which we have in Portuguese (and probably Italian) of "susto" which I sometimes see translated as fright but is probably nearer to "sudden shock" or the noun (not verb) "scare."

Ahh yes, one of the other keywords for it is "susto" - the others are "Spavento" and "schreck". :). I might run the keywords through a translator and see what comes up.

Emily

Another observation I have made is that I seem to have a significator, I keep getting a card called "The Blonde Woman", I had it in all my readings yesterday and its just come up in my daily. I wonder if these cards, there are similar cards for blonde/dark haired man/woman, could be used like the Lenormand man/woman cards? I might just try taking "the Blonde Woman" out and use it as a significator.

I did run some of the keywords through google and most of them came up the same as the Lo Scarabeo English keywords. :)

Emily

OK, I held out for -- 3 days. I just ordered the Gypsy Gitano deck. I'm really enjoying these Sibilla decks - never really paid them any attention before but they are fascinating to use and the fact that there doesn't seem to be many online resources for them, and no books that I've found, makes them easier to get into. I have a notebook where I'm recording my readings and also adding my own meanings that do change with the situation or reading.

WolfyJames

I love sibillas. My favorite modern italian sibilla is indeed the I Misteri della Sibilla, which I used for a while, and my favorite old reproduction italian sibilla is Sibilla della Zingara. I also have the french sibilla La sibylle du salon or the Sibilla Oracle Cards. I prefer sibillas to the Petit Lenormand and find them easier to read with.

I've been using the german sibilla Mystisches Kipper (the same people who did Mystical Lenormand) ever since I got it. The Kipper, like most east-Europe sibillas (like the Zigeuner Wahrsagekarten, Little Czech Oracle, etc.), have less than 52-54 cards, and can have either 32 or 36 cards. The kipper has 36 cards. I find the Mystisches Kipper much better and prettier than the Mystical Lenormand and I really love it.

The Mystisches Kipper is only available in German, goood thing it's among the languages I want to learn so I have a small German/French dictionary and other learning German resources.

Here are some cards of the Mystisches Kipper.

Attachments

• promo01.jpg
    promo01.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 224
  • promo02.jpg
    promo02.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 215
  • promo03.jpg
    promo03.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 201
  • promo04.jpg
    promo04.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 202
  • promo05.jpg
    promo05.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 203

Padma

Wolfy, those are lovely! Did you order them from Amazon...?

@Emily: Sounds like you are truly enjoying your cards! :)