Less twee oracle deck wanted..

VioletEye

whoa - LRichard, i had never seen those psycards before! they look very interesting, do you use them yourself?

there's another oracle deck i've had my eye on; and while i can't recommend it from experience, the daemon tarot looks like it's pretty much the opposite of twee:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/daemon/

tarot heart

I agree with Miss Divine - The Tao Oracle is fantastic.

Very easy to use and beautiful images that will mesmerize you. Take you to another place, it will...

:)

magpie9

I agree with Miss Divine - The Tao Oracle is fantastic.

Very easy to use and beautiful images that will mesmerize you. Take you to another place, it will...

:)
I absolutely agree...and totally non-twee!

AJ

another thought, if you like to learn a little something with oracles are Runes
and BodhiTree's Pictish oracle
http://bythesycamoretree.blogspot.com/
there is a link on her side bar, it comes with a fascinating download.

if you scroll back you can see where she used it on her blog, I think it was last month

It is made by a member here WalesWoman who does beautiful work.

frac_ture

Phone apps!

Regarding the TAO Oracle, Madame Endora's Fortune Cards, and the Psycards: I own all three, and recommend them all highly for various reasons mostly stated here up above...but for anyone who might want to sample them without coughing up full fare for the actual, physical decks, they're all also available in digital form as apps for the phone. I have all three, and I use them a lot. This might be a good way for someone to experience these decks in cost-effective fashion (I don't feel that digital "decks" are quite as ideal as the actual, tangible ones, but they do have other benefits...). Just a thought -- and I don't work for any of the companies that make or provide these apps! I reap no benefit for steering anyone to them...

ravynangel

Regarding the TAO Oracle, Madame Endora's Fortune Cards, and the Psycards: I own all three, and recommend them all highly for various reasons mostly stated here up above...but for anyone who might want to sample them without coughing up full fare for the actual, physical decks, they're all also available in digital form as apps for the phone. I have all three, and I use them a lot. This might be a good way for someone to experience these decks in cost-effective fashion (I don't feel that digital "decks" are quite as ideal as the actual, tangible ones, but they do have other benefits...). Just a thought -- and I don't work for any of the companies that make or provide these apps! I reap no benefit for steering anyone to them...

deleted :)

Emily

There are also the Soul Cards.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/soul-cards/

These don't have anything wrote on them or any instructions so you just go on your own feelings and the image. I have both packs but much prefer pack 1. I've had some good readings with them. :)

frac_ture

Great idea! I did end up purchasing the Psycards, as I knew on sight I would love them, but I will give the Tao Oracle app a try, as I am not too sure on that one, and it isn't cheap :)

You're welcome! The TAO Oracle is a really great deck, I think. I'm not expert on the I Ching, but I'm using this deck to slowly learn my way around it, and I love the artwork. The app is pretty good, too...