Picatrix Tarot - by La Force

frejasphere

I finally got them uploaded. good grief, I sure was having a bit of a time trying to get the pictures uploaded, I hope you'll be able to see them :)

Thanks for the suggestions and advice, I'll keep trying a little bit at time. No I don't see it as you trying to lecture me at all. good advice is what I see.

Thank you

You did well for persevering! And thank you for not taking offence at my rambling :)

Now... I feel like should extract my foot from my mouth having spoken before artist uploads her images to reveal that not only was she a good artist - she still is :) :)
I have seen your raven before, the detective in me wants to remember where... but alas it would take me too far from this post, so I'll just say it's beautiful! and so are your other drawings (I just love ravens :))! Your man on horse with child is going absolutely fine. Proportions are there, line work is fine, you just haven't got to the detail yet, but it is definitely the start of a good drawing... so indeed, keep going :)

Gulliver

Wow La Force! Very impressive. You've so much energy, you will manage it!

I'm thinking about your 3 of swords. It's not the same meaning like the RWS has. It's a bit a risk (if you want to sell later) to go far away of the RWS meanings. Unless you have a really good thought out system of the numerology (the meaning the particular number has for you). It's only my opinion, but wanted to let you know because I wish you wholeheartedly success! :heart:

PattyMc

What a talented artist you are LaForce! Your drawings are amazing, before and after the stroke! I admire your strong spirit :love:

It might help us to offer our opinions on pictures if you explain where the meanings of the cards come from and how you are interpreting this meaning. This is your deck and "my" interpretation of a card may not be at all what you are feeling about it.

Patty

AJ

The skill is no doubt there, it has just been dormant for awhile, and needs to stretch its abilities.

I KNOW you can do it, relax, breathe, draw.
Is it going to be pencil/charcoal or color?

If you have color pencils try them too.
Or water color pencils, with a wash over :)

I KNOW you can do it!

ana luisa

AMAZING drawings!! Of course you should persevere on this project! Take your time though. It seems pressure can be your only enemy now. Your drawing skills are obvious and you have a clear idea of the shape your deck will take.Looking forward to new pics :thumbsup:

BrightEye

I actually think the outline sketch of the man on the donkey looks much more promising than your earlier work. While the earlier drawings are technically accomplished, they seem to lack emotion - or the kind of emotional resonance that I would be looking for in a drawing. Keep at it! I think this is going to be a great project.

AJ

I've been reading my Songs for the Journey Home book this week, it took them 3.5 years to get the card finished and that was with 2 people's input.
If a job is worthwhile it takes time to do it.
If it were easy everyone would do it.

Let's see. Can I think of any more meaningful platitudes? Probably by tomorrow the well will fill back up :)

La Force

You did well for persevering! And thank you for not taking offence at my rambling :)

Now... I feel like should extract my foot from my mouth having spoken before artist uploads her images to reveal that not only was she a good artist - she still is :) :)
I have seen your raven before, the detective in me wants to remember where... but alas it would take me too far from this post, so I'll just say it's beautiful! and so are your other drawings (I just love ravens :))! Your man on horse with child is going absolutely fine. Proportions are there, line work is fine, you just haven't got to the detail yet, but it is definitely the start of a good drawing... so indeed, keep going :)

Thanks

My Art works were All over the internet, I was selling prints, so that is where you may have seen my Art before. When I had my stroke My kids removed all my works off the internet, cause at that time, things were not looking good for me, I was hospitalized for a month, things were not good then.

Wow La Force! Very impressive. You've so much energy, you will manage it!

I'm thinking about your 3 of swords. It's not the same meaning like the RWS has. It's a bit a risk (if you want to sell later) to go far away of the RWS meanings. Unless you have a really good thought out system of the numerology (the meaning the particular number has for you). It's only my opinion, but wanted to let you know because I wish you wholeheartedly success! :heart:

Thanks

Hmmm, you have me rethinking this project now, I'll play around with some ideas. Yeah this could be so far out reach now, cause it all got changed, over the years, Well I thought I would bring it back, Agripa stayed pretty close to the original meanings, with some minor changes, GD tried, but changed some cards, Waite did his own thing, he incorporated everything into one mixing bowl.

Anyways my intention was to bring back the Original true meanings of the cards from (c. 1256 ) Picatrix

So anyone with the book "Mystical Origins of the Tarot" by Paul Huson

Pleas take a look and you'll see what I was thinking and planning of doing with creating this deck.

What a talented artist you are LaForce! Your drawings are amazing, before and after the stroke! I admire your strong spirit :love:

It might help us to offer our opinions on pictures if you explain where the meanings of the cards come from and how you are interpreting this meaning. This is your deck and "my" interpretation of a card may not be at all what you are feeling about it.

Patty

Thanks

Yes, it would be helpful to have input. I did mention at the beginning of the thread that I wanted this to be an AT community, type project. cause when I am done it will be for free to everyone.

AMAZING drawings!! Of course you should persevere on this project! Take your time though. It seems pressure can be your only enemy now. Your drawing skills are obvious and you have a clear idea of the shape your deck will take.Looking forward to new pics :thumbsup:

Thanks

Thank you all so much for the supportive words, I will definitely practice more with my drawing.

La Force

The skill is no doubt there, it has just been dormant for awhile, and needs to stretch its abilities.

I KNOW you can do it, relax, breathe, draw.
Is it going to be pencil/charcoal or color?

If you have color pencils try them too.
Or water color pencils, with a wash over :)

I KNOW you can do it!

I think for now I am going to just focus on pencil, see what will happen, bringing in color is whole different ball game.

I have Ink color pencils, I have water color pencils, I have Prisim color pencils too.
I have oil paint and supplies, I have water colors and supplies, I have acrylic paints.

for now I will stay with just pencil, or charcol, see what comes of it. you never know :)

I've been reading my Songs for the Journey Home book this week, it took them 3.5 years to get the card finished and that was with 2 people's input.
If a job is worthwhile it takes time to do it.
If it were easy everyone would do it.

Let's see. Can I think of any more meaningful platitudes? Probably by tomorrow the well will fill back up :)

Input is very helpful, yep this will be a long project. Thanks a lot, my muse :)

La Force

I actually think the outline sketch of the man on the donkey looks much more promising than your earlier work. While the earlier drawings are technically accomplished, they seem to lack emotion - or the kind of emotional resonance that I would be looking for in a drawing. Keep at it! I think this is going to be a great project.

Really, oh that is cool and interesting, I thought my drawing was not so. actually I thought my line drawing was Lame. lol

This is honestly very helpful info, that it has more emotion, than my other drawings. okay cool :)

Thanks, it's good to have that other person's eye "perspective". you see what I don't see, awesome. What can I say.