Symbolon Deck

Cerulean

Holmes, the astrology in this deck actually mixes me up. I just use the illustrations sometimes that strike me similar to a card in the tarot and then compare. For some reason I can use the Oracle of the Radiant Sun a little better in terms of seeing what planet in what house assignment would mean (Moon in Libra for instance).
Best wishes,

Mari H.

Kaz

holmes, go to archives forum, there you will find a lot of threads about how the deck is constructed.
the astrology part i can "follow" what is there, but i dont understand. like, i can creat for my scorpio house the constellation of the cards. if you like we can discuss it, but i am not sure either. and, in simple language please, i am not an astrologer, no weird words as knots etc, then i am clueless.

~kaz

Ravenswing

notes and things

hi guys--

long, long ago I had this one... and I've got a whole lot of notes on them... a small booklet worth... I'll post some things from time to time. If you've got any questions, post 'em up.

One thing to consider:

a card can be considered as combination of two of the Archetypes (The Archetypes can be considered as a combination of it with itself). This gives you a thesis, antithesis, synthesis situation. Take a look at them that way for a while... leads to some wonderful contemplations...

fly well
Raven

truthsayer

imho if you understand some astrology and a can make a mythic image connection to the signs, the symbolon is a very powerful deck. understanding conjuctions and oppostions helps bring out connections b/t the cards that i never would have made otherwise. i did as much of my birthchart as possible and the results were chilling. it's a time consuming process but worth it. if you look at astrology in terms of karmic connections, this helps the past life ties make more sense. being able to do the horoscope tarot spread based on your natal chart really helps, too.

i wish i had the time to do a chart as an example. it's a beautiful and complex system. i think there's a lot to be learned from it.

HOLMES

agreed.

no arguement there truthsayer imho as well the symbolon is a true oracle and a deck.

to see what i am talking about check out my thread in this forum about asking the symbolon if it has tarot influences , using the little white book itself :O)
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13921

rubyofjoy

symbolyn deck

I love this deck, I do not pay attn. or work with the astrology signs. I partner it with other decks. I find it a very easy deck to use intuitively. each card tells a story. so easy to use this way.

Calayvie

I did an online 4 card spread with this deck and it was amazingly accurate. First time I'd done any spread online too so it really made an impact!
I've since ordered the deck, its been on my wish list a while and the accuracy of that spread enabled me to purchase!
I look forward to using this deck!

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

SpiritOfTheDogz

I love this deck but don't use it often, it's very intuitive but I was hoping to be able to use it as an oracle and there are too many negative cards to work like this

earthair

I think it's a beautiful deck which would work so much better if they had just numbered the cards so we could look them up fast. Having to search for the card by image in the back of the lwb is so badly thought out.

In fact now I think about it, I may get out a gold pen and add numbers myself....