Another version of the Albano Waite

Laura Borealis

The link's gone in that post, laura.

Here's the page from the publisher's.

So it is. But there's an attachment on the first post. I'm now convinced that one's a pirated Universal Waite (the Hanson-Roberts one) with the colors extremely saturated. Yours is much more attractive. :)

Le Fanu

Ah yes, well spotted Lee. But the colouring does seem more lurid than the University Books RWS. I'll have to do some more serious comparing over the weekend.

bogiesan

Albano's reworking of the original artwork is characterized by the addition of three gems in the hilt of the swoards, an inner line on the pentacles, and an additional vertical line that breaks the PCS sigil. IN addition to the oddball coloration of details and skies and the odd rainbow an instant giveaway isthe AW cups are silver-gray; cups are gold-yellow in the WS.

The 78th Fool

This is definitely a reproduction of a Universal Books RWS. The different editions varied considerably in colour. I've got two copies, with different addresses on the boxes. The one I prefer is far less lurid than this but the other is identical to what you see here.

Chris. xx

Richard

Albano's reworking of the original artwork is characterized by the addition of three gems in the hilt of the swoards, an inner line on the pentacles, and an additional vertical line that breaks the PCS sigil. IN addition to the oddball coloration of details and skies and the odd rainbow an instant giveaway isthe AW cups are silver-gray; cups are gold-yellow in the WS.
AW is a BOTA-ized RWS. The elemental symbols are slightly modified in order to conform more closely to P. F. Case's coloring preferences. The rainbow (bow of Saggitarius) in Trump XIV is likewise borrowed from the BOTA deck. I like to think of the AW as incorporating the best of both worlds: RWS and BOTA.

Parzival

Brazilian Rider Waite (Albano)

I came across a Brazilian version of the Rider Waite Smith deck today published by "Artha" publishers in Rio Grande do Sul. I bought it just for completism's sake. However, when I opened it up it seems to me to be a version not of the standard RWS but another version of the Albano Waite.

Doesn't the Albano version have a rainbow over the Temperance angel? Not so sure this one is an Albano...?

Richard

......Doesn't the Albano version have a rainbow over the Temperance angel? Not so sure this one is an Albano...?
It's not an Albano. Here are scans of those cards from my Belgian-German edition of the Albano.

Attachments

• albano.jpg
    albano.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 193