Full Moon and Tarot Reading... Feeling Restricted

jnett

I don't know if it's only me, but I have trouble reading tarot during the full moon phase... I am blocked... cards are all over the place. Does anyone else have this problem? If there is another thread with this topic, please link, I cannot find one?

lantana

I know what you mean. I don't do a full moon reading because it didn't feel right to me... I prefer to do rituals over tarot readings at this time. Instead I do readings on the new moon, because it makes more sense (again, to me) to be doing a tarot at the beginning of the cycle than the height of it.

Of course, there are plenty of people who don't do readings connected to the lunar cycle at all. Just because something is common doesn't mean you have to do it.

Tanga

I don't usually have trouble - but I'm mostly over-excited during full moons (Lunacy. I'm restless and "high" and often don't sleep well.).
I don't usually read - like Lantana, I do rituals (I'm Wiccan).
The ritual may include Tarot cards.
Tonight... no cards... just a load of crystals carved in animal shapes. :).

I don't have any set pattern for reading for myself - and actually don't often read for myself,
except in the form of self-therapy or cards at the end of my day to reflect on, and learn more about (unless I'm trying out a new spread that I like/am curious about.).

Not AT links...I bumped into them since you mentioned it:
https://the-numinous.com/moon-tarot/
https://www.tarot.com/tarot/cards-moon-phases

Barleywine

I was born on a Full Moon (and on the Summer Solstice), so I'm usually "in the zone" when one comes around. I do my lunar month look-ahead reading on the New Moon, but the Full Moon is prime-time for me.

violetdaisy

I've tried to read during a full moon. The "timing" has always been off. I do better with new moons. I guess I don't "feel it" (whatever that means) if it's a full moon. Rituals are out too - can't focus. Also, weather plays a part and time of day. Don't even ask me to read during an intense storm. I'm way to wired. I love storms but my energy is as electric as the sky is being lol. Lots of things can affect the draw to read the cards - just go with what's right for you.

ETA: I did a "daily card" yesterday morning and never actually interpreted it. I looked at it briefly last night. Took a picture. I didn't know a full moon was coming around. I should, patients are being bonkers this week. (No, I don't think that's a superstition. The dentists I work for have actually asked me, is it a full moon or something? So I look it up. Yup. 9/10 it's during the fullest part of the moon.) I'm just unsettled. Oh, and it stormed last night too...

Grizabella

I can't sleep very well during the full moon, so I do a lot of creative stuff to use that added energy. That includes reading Tarot, Lenormand and Kipper and doing my beadwork into the wee hours during that time.

jnett

I know what you mean. I don't do a full moon reading because it didn't feel right to me... I prefer to do rituals over tarot readings at this time. Instead I do readings on the new moon, because it makes more sense (again, to me) to be doing a tarot at the beginning of the cycle than the height of it.

Of course, there are plenty of people who don't do readings connected to the lunar cycle at all. Just because something is common doesn't mean you have to do it.

I don't know much about lunar cycles with tarot, I just know I cannot read during the full moon phase. I know a few tarot readers appear stumped during this cycle also... I just can't understand why? I more or less focus on astrology research.

jnett

I don't usually have trouble - but I'm mostly over-excited during full moons (Lunacy. I'm restless and "high" and often don't sleep well.).
I don't usually read - like Lantana, I do rituals (I'm Wiccan).
The ritual may include Tarot cards.
Tonight... no cards... just a load of crystals carved in animal shapes. :).

I don't have any set pattern for reading for myself - and actually don't often read for myself,
except in the form of self-therapy or cards at the end of my day to reflect on, and learn more about (unless I'm trying out a new spread that I like/am curious about.).

Not AT links...I bumped into them since you mentioned it:
https://the-numinous.com/moon-tarot/
https://www.tarot.com/tarot/cards-moon-phases

Rituals I can totally understand unless the moon is void. Just never know what could manifest. Maybe that is my problem... The moon was void. I may experiment in the future.

jnett

I was born on a Full Moon (and on the Summer Solstice), so I'm usually "in the zone" when one comes around. I do my lunar month look-ahead reading on the New Moon, but the Full Moon is prime-time for me.

Great time to be born and what an advantage! Now I know, who to go to for a reading during the full moon, because I sure can't do it myself. :)