So new it doesn't have a name yet...

The 78th Fool

re-pete-a said:
The only card that didn't click to it's origins is the Queen of Swords, The rest don't click they blast.
Your work is delightful to the senses, please keep posting .

Glad you like these! I've done a bit of a re-jig on the Queen of Swords (see the new version below) to clarify some of the elements in the image. The main thing for me is the masks. This is someone who has suffered loss on an emotional level so she only gives of herself with caution. She can hide behind a variety of masks to shield her heart. She can also be hard hearted if necessary. When I was searching through my photoshop custom brushes I found this strange one featuring the text 'I miss you less and less each day'. I've stamped it across the top left of the image as it summed her feelings up to me. If she's hard hearted, then she's telling the truth. If she's soft hearted, she's lieing to conceal her sadness and pain.

I got on a roll last night and worked until 3.30 am. I'm glad I did as I've managed to complete the two and three of swords. See below. Progress may slow now as I'll be back to work full time during the coming week.

Chris. xx

Attachments

• 04_02_swords.jpg
    04_02_swords.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 04_03_swords.jpg
    04_03_swords.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 04_13_swords_queen.jpg
    04_13_swords_queen.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 107

re-pete-a

Impressive,
The spiels given to each card that you have posted are informative , perhaps consider a booklet for each, Remembering that a complete novice may decide to aquire the cards to learn with. Keeping it as simple and informative as you have.
Well done!

rwcarter

[size=+2]I miss you less and less each day?!?!?!?![/size]

a) That needs to be a little more prominent on the card
b) Get the f*ck outta my head!!!!!
c) So, you are gonna have these ready by the end of the year, right? :laugh:

Rodney

The 78th Fool

rwcarter said:
[size=+2]I miss you less and less each day?!?!?!?![/size]

a) That needs to be a little more prominent on the card
b) Get the f*ck outta my head!!!!!
c) So, you are gonna have these ready by the end of the year, right? :laugh:

Rodney

LOL !!!!!!!
Not that you'd ever guess I formulated this card from somewhat bitter personal experience ! I was wondering whether modern print technology would allow me to have the Queen of Swords done like one of those birthday cards with LED's embedded in it. The inscription could flash on and off and if I included a 'press here' logo and a watch battery, the card could play Gloria Gaynor singing 'I will survive'. I want this to be a truly innovative deck ! :D

Chris :D:D:D

re-pete-a

That would scare the krpa outa the shuffler , AND THE SITTER, better put a volume control in there too.

The 78th Fool

re-pete-a said:
That would scare the krpa outa the shuffler , AND THE SITTER, better put a volume control in there too.

:D Thankfully the production costs would be too high so I don't think prospective querents need worry too quickly! ;)

Chris. xx

The 78th Fool

I was working on the Ace of Cups last night. It's finished so I now have a complete set of Aces. I've attached them below.

Chris. xx

Attachments

• 06_01_cups.jpg
    06_01_cups.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 99
  • aces.jpg
    aces.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 101

re-pete-a

Beautiful, well done.
Please do consider a brief artistic explanation, they bring the card a different aspect as well.
The feelings soar with the combinations of words ,basic card knowledge and your cards.
An intuits playground. The play of the ying & yang, Windows and glimpses,majic and logic.MMMMMmmmmn!!

moderndayruth

Beautiful, innovative, inspiring! Congratulations, The 78th Fool! The deck went straight to my wish-list! :D
Btw, i can totally relate to the QoS ( my usual significator) - i love the way the sword is like cutting the clouds of illusions above her head, bravo!

Red Emma

New, No Name

Dear Chris:

The one quality about your work I like the most-- I do have, and love, the Quantum -- is their mystical quality. It's the one thing I always longed for in other well-loved decks, but until Quantum it was just plain missing.

No name seems to have it, too.

Keep up the good work.

Red Emma