The Transparent Oracle

blue_fusion

I think your dark, fairy style of art would work well with a nature-themed oracle. The circle cards are a nice too, though I personally prefer the art to overlap naturally, as opposed to the art being part of "slices" in the circle. Maybe the deck could be something on the chaos in the natural world?

Sidhe-Ra

Hi!

It's not going to be slices :) This is ME we're talking about! That sounds far too organised. I do want to make pretty patterns, though, if I can use circles. Look, it's all in my head. Just take a peek in there, you'll see what I'm on about.

Indeed, Nature is chaotic- with an underlying pattern, yes? It's just we can't always see it. It's going to be a lot about how the elements and forces interact, on physical and metaphysical levels.

I wish Schiffer would find out whether circular is possible so I could get started!!!

Em x

Aulruna

Wow!! This is exciting news!!!

I love the circular concept and think you should definitely stick with it, it would also make the oracle more distinct not "just" an oracular version of the TT.

Personally, I work with oracles best if they have a stringent concept/structure underlying, like Tarot (not necessarily along the same or even similar lines), so this
Sidhe-Ra said:
Indeed, Nature is chaotic- with an underlying pattern, yes? It's just we can't always see it. It's going to be a lot about how the elements and forces interact, on physical and metaphysical levels.
sounds perfect.
The ones who are basically collections of images and keywords, however evocative, don't get much use from me.

Congrats again Em, this is really wonderful.
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the publication of the Sidhe though!!

blue_fusion

I hope it'll end up being a circle deck too. That'll even further the innovations you've introduced with the TT. Good luck with this project. :)

Onyx

No...No.... NOOOO!

This is exactly the type of thing that makes me mad about the AT forum! The anticipation of cool stuff! I can’t handle it!

I was planning on getting on here a posting about how I haven't even received my Transparent Tarot deck. I have a feeling that I am going to LOVE IT. So I didn't want to LOVE IT and then have to wait patiently for the long process of a circular (complete on its own but works well with the Transparent Tarot) oracle deck.

See I didn’t know that the genius idea of a Transparent Tarot was even coming out until the “Transparent Tarot is here!” Thread appeared. See that matches my length of patience for ultra cool stuff. Especially if is a well thought out pattern that can fit well with the tarot system but emphasis different elements like directions, depth, height and focus on the idea of building upon concentric circles. I am just buzzing thinking about how a card could start in the middle and with others underneath expand out ward or lean out to one side to show imbalance or lack a center because of a hollowness or emptiness. I just imagine a bunch of card with just the center representing a tight focus, tunnel vision, or compulsive behavior. The thought of inward and outward spirals as pathworking options, or irregular circles, shapes within shapes to so order . . .

See . . . do you see... what I did just there? I started rambling and considering a future supremely cool deck and now I have to wait . . . through the entire thought process, which you know is going to be precise, and complete, the entire editing process, the entire publishing process, the entire release process, the entire purchasing process, the entire shipping process, until I get my hands on it.

***A new IDS rule – No going to the Tarot Deck Creation Forum no matter how cool or interesting you think the thread seems. . . . . Onyx slowly walks away and goes back to his Liber T deck.

~~~~~~~~~ All joking aside, sounds like a great idea and I am happy to see you are working on it. Get some sleep though.

Sidhe-Ra

Bless you! :)

I don't even know if I'm going to be ALLOWED to make it circular yet. I do however, promise coolness :)

Em xxx

faunabay

Sidhe-Ra said:
I agree with this whole heartedly. This will be a wonderful oracle......as an addition to the Transparent tarot and as it's own entity!! I'm SO excited!!!!
Sidhe-Ra said:
It's going to be based on the seven directions- North, South, East, West, Above, Below and Within.

Plants on the whole have ended up with a bit of a bum deal, but each direction will have it's element, a weather condition, landscape, animals etc.
I love this too. The seven directions......and I love decks that include elemental aspects - fire, air, earth, water, ether. Yea!!! So please add that if at all possible.

Sidhe-Ra

Yup, the whole thing is VERY elemental based :)

Also snuck some Faery lore and Under World tradition in there too - hee-hee!

Not sure about the hummingbird or Ladybug as requested though. They're lovely ideas, but I can't fit everything in. I can't even justify a Unicorn and I LOVE unicorns! We'll see how it goes.

I'll be sketching out the first few ideas soonish. It looks like it's a go-ahead for circular! To dot or not to dot...that is the question...

Em x

faunabay

Sidhe-Ra said:
Yup, the whole thing is VERY elemental based :)

Also snuck some Faery lore and Under World tradition in there too - hee-hee!
Yea!!! Yea!! Yea!!!
(dancing around the room)

flying black kat

I am so pleased to read about what you want to put in the Transparent Orcale.

I am so looking forward to this deck. I enjoy using my Transparent for so many things. To have a sister deck will open up the possibilities so much more.

Please keep us posted and have a beautiful nights sleep.

Kathy