Midnight Soul Cards & Discussion Area

MidnightSoul

Midnight Soul Tarot Cards

Copyright : ALL words describing the Midnight Soul Tarot taken from "The Soul", and ALL Cards displayed, are copyright to Liz Birdsong. No reproduction of "The Soul" text except for short quotes for educational discussion is allowed by the Copyright Holder.
==========================================================
"It is said, "God takes care of fools and little Children."

This card, is one of innocence, and naivete. Yet it is also a card full of light and joy, exploration and activity, nature, both animal and human, and entrancement by beauty to the point of dangerous intoxication.

For you see, if no one intervenes to save the foolish little child and her sweet little dog, she may meet a wicked end by tumbling off the cliffs, as so many have done before her." - The Soul by Liz Birdsong
==========================================================

Attachments

• Card-0-The-Child-Redo.jpg
    Card-0-The-Child-Redo.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 366
  • Card-0-The-Child.jpg
    Card-0-The-Child.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Card-0-The-Child-Redo 2.jpg
    Card-0-The-Child-Redo 2.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 276

Jewel

I really like this card, and I think calling it "The Child" certainly conveys the naivete and inocense of the fool, as well as the lack of sense and danger. It also captures the sense of wonder in the world that a child (and the fool) have. I also like that she is a faerie, as it speaks to the idea of a time when we believe not only what we physically see but what we sense.

Very beautiful card.

Dusk Till Dawn

This is a very Beautiful card!Hope this Deck will be out soon!Sure another one to my list!

souljourney

I think "child" makes sense for the Fool card. I use that phrase at times when giving a reading.

Looks like LS likes it too if Ric said elsewhere they are interested in this deck.

WinterRose

OK, ignoring all the feelings that I got from this deck, and this card in particular, which I covered in the previous thread, I'm going to talk purely about the idea behind this card, and the graphics as an art piece.

I love the idea of the Fool being represented as a child. The only problem I have with the child as a Faerie, is that it's the post-victorian style of fairy (i.e. WINGS!!) - this is NO reflection on your artwork at all, this is just a personal pet peeve of mine. I see the Fae as pre-victorian era, when they were depicted as having no wings, and were just slightly shorter than the average person, usually having dark hair and pale skin. The Fae seem to like me, because I look so similar to them... (dark (ish) brown hair, incredibly pale skin, eyes that can't seem to settle on any one colour, and rather small.... I've even been told by humans I look like one of the Fae...)

Getting off the point there...

Moving on to the artwork, as a fellow 3D artist - the posing there is excellent, really well done. It doesn't put me off at all that I recognise the figure, the outfit, or some of the props. (Are those the Corunucopia butterflies?) Some parts of it I don't like as much - the dog, for instance. The MilDog from Daz has much better and more realistic textures available, and that one just looks.... well, rather plastic. Also, is it me, or are there skulls below the outcropping?

One thing I MUST know is where did you get the plants and flower models? (Those bluebells in particular, I love them...)

Since we're talking about this card though, and thinking that others might well be looking at this thread and not having read the first, I suppose I should mention (for the clairsentients and empaths in particular) why I for one will not be buying this deck. I'm not going to start up the whole discussion that happened earlier, but what I am going to say is that when I first saw this card in full size, and had an opportuity to really look at the artwork, I got severe pains in my shoulder, images of sharp white teeth and a strong sense of anxiousness and nausea. Upon discussion with the creator of this deck, I learnt she had a problem which affected her left shoulder and elbow and left her in severe pain. The one and only reason I'm mentioning this is that if there are other clairsentients or empaths out there who feel things as strongly as I do, just be warned that this deck may have some negative influences.

Alta

Moderator note:

Sorry, but can we please keep this thread just to the cards. Other aspects should be posted in the original thread.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=109763

Let's give MidnightSoul a chance to showcase her art, there is another thread for the creative aspects, influence of Seth and etc.

Thank you,
Alta
Moderator, Tarot Deck Creation

WinterRose

That had nothing to do with the influence of Seth, as I have already explain to Lizzy. It was also the reason why I deliberately avoided mentioning that.

That was my response to that particular card, which is why it was posted here.

divinest

I'm of two minds here.

I can see really good reasons for portraying the Fool as a child, it is done so on my Mystic Faerie deck, and it really works with that deck, however, I'm not convinced by this portrayal. The card is far too busy for my liking for starters, I can't focus on the image at all. That may very well be just my taste though, just as I'm not the biggest fan of CG artwork with tarot! :p I really hope it gets off the ground for you, and that you do well with the deck.

Jewel

CelticDruidess said:
Also, is it me, or are there skulls below the outcropping?
I was wondering that too, and went to the other thread to see if I could find the link to the large version of this card but could not find it. If they are skulls I think that is actually a quite interesting addition and approach to the card, one that can refer to the consenquences of not paying attention and falling off the cliff. Naivetee and innocence can also have a price (which you can also somewhat get in the glint of this little faeries eyes).

divinest

The skulls are the bit of this card that I really DO like. A warning about being too naive, too over-enthusiatic. :)