Midnight Soul Cards & Discussion Area

MeeWah

Suggest placing a watermark on each of the card scans as a deterent against unauthorized copying.

MidnightSoul

Hi guys :)

I am sorry I have not yet posted the next card, but I had a minor structural issue develop with my alter, and have had to swiftly disassemble it to save the art objects and crystals, lest they fall down and break if the alter broke.

Heh. I am not an archictect ;p

I will be back soon now, once I re-build it and reconsecrate it.

Liz

rhombchick

**drums fingers on the table....(im)patiently waiting for the next card**

loving this deck so far....
I agree it IS busy, but I am one of those people that are not bothered by this...
looking foward to this deck!

MidnightSoul

The Magician - Midnight Soul Tarot

This man of science loves his work. He is an intellectual and it shows in all his dealings with the mortal world. He is a natural born leader, setting goals and seeing that they are accomplished.

His surroundings are filled with joy, and all feel pleasure to be in his precesence. The white dove is symbolic of the spirit of the God or Goddess who blesses this man.

All images and verbal content are sole copyright to Liz Birdsong, aka Midnight Soul, 2009.

Attachments

• Card-1-The-Magician.jpg
    Card-1-The-Magician.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 107

PAMUYA

I like this card, very colorful, but very busy. A very young Magus.

shadowdancer

nice card... eyes are interesting and do draw you in. On one hand he makes you uncomfortable and ill at ease, on the other hand he is almost hypnotising you.

Good luck with the rest of the deck - I can see a lot of thought, heart and soul have gone into them.

Davina

WinterRose

Remember my comments about the Child card, and the senses I picked up from it, about the coldness? I get the totally opposite feeling with this one, a real sense of genuine warmth, particularly focussing on my left ear, does that make any sense to you? - having said that, I keep getting drawn back to that dove. Warmth for me, on my left side in particular, is often synonymous with peace and being looked after.

I'm not too keen on the colours in this one, but that's just personal taste. I do like the way he's sort of taking a back seat, though, he isn't the main focus of the image, leaving that to the representations of the elements. There's certaintly a lot to draw from with this if it was pulled in a reading, and I like that.

And those little flying water dragons are CUTE!

I think I've said this before, but being a poser and daz user myself, I love the fact that you can take a model I recognize, and make it totally your own. A lot of images like this I find myself instantly looking and going 'oh that's M4 with the Valiant outfit', and that detracts from the image and the meaning a little. I don't get that with your images, unless I look closely, anyway!

MidnightSoul

The High Priestess

Sometimes when one creates a vision, it comes out all wrong. So the artist begins again and paints over the first work. This is called Pentimento, for the artist has repented.

Sometimes when I am creating my visions, a particular song plays over and over in my mind, like a little voice inside my head. (It can be quite aggravating at times, I must say.)

"Building A Mystery" by Sarah McLachlan conveys the feelings I felt as I worked upon The High Priestess.

If one cares to read the lyrics, they are here:
http://www.lyricszoo.com/sarah-mclachlan/building-a-mystery/

When first I made this card, I left out the most important aspect. It is a holy card, full of the mysteries and secrets of the God and the Goddess. My first effort was valient, but it did not convey a holy message. I hope that now, I have at last done Her justice.

The Keys:
The White Stag symbolizes the God who watches over her.
At long last the White Dove, which symbolizes the love of the Goddess has found a resting place, and chosen to land in front of her.
The Ark of the Covenant symbolizes the mysteries that she keeps safely in her sacred place.
The small biting dragon, which she has encapsulated in crystal symbolizes the evils of the world that she holds at bay.
She is a woman of love, and mystery, gratitude, and attraction. All who come into her presence are blessed with wisdom.

All words, and images are the sole property and copyright of Liz Birdsong 2009

Attachments

• Card-2-The-High-Priestess.jpg
    Card-2-The-High-Priestess.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 97

WinterRose

That's strange - while the other two cards evoked a strong response in me, this one.....doesn't. I'm left feeling...rather ambivalent about her. The white stag looks more like a goat to me. I don't know, it just seems rather...empty to me. There's a lot in the card and on the image, but the feeling behind it that I usually get just isn't there. Maybe that's just because of the difficulty you had in creating your vision.

Now, please don't take what I say to heart, I think as a piece of artwork, and as a tarot deck, what you're creating is wonderful, it just isn't for me. I realise that what I say may sound like criticism on your work, and believe me, it isn't - I'm simply stating the truthful reaction that I have to the cards.

Alta

I was going to post this earlier, but was rather rushed. I love your High Priestess. I thought the use of symbolism was excellent and the mysterious elegance of the lady touched me positively.

Alta