Tarot of the Absurd .... FINISHED

Barefoot Fool

This deck is now for sale! It's printed! I'm mailing it out! How cool is that?

It currently costs $34.00
Shipping prices are
$4 USA (including tracking)
$5 Canada
$10 elsewhere, Planet Earth

Payment can be made by Paypal.
If you need other options, please let me know.

If you have any questions, you can send a PM or email me at inkfountain@yahoo.com

You can view the deck at www.barefootfool.com
(I don't know how to make that into a link, so you'll have to copy & paste)

Be sure to click on the little images to get the full card. It isn't obvious. I'll fix that...

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic Barefoot Fool!

Generally I'm digging on your deck! I like the black and white cards. Haven't looked at every card, but most of them that I did look at make rethink what I thought I knew about the card. The 5 Cups has a very 4 Cups feel about it and the 4 Cups is very different. Your Empress' hat reminds me of Guinan from Star Trek: Next Generation. I love the 6 Coins. I feel that way a lot of the time. And thank you for doing something weirdly/wildly different with the 3 Blades and 8 Sticks imagery!

I hope you're planning a companion book to explain your imagery. And this is a compliment, but I really would love to get into your head and see how you came up with your images!

Continue on and get this puppy published!

Rodney

truelighth

I really like your deck. It is a bit quirky, funny at times and all in all I just like the style. I think the Black&White works wonderful too. I sure hope you will get this published. And if you ever plan to self-publish, count me in :D.

Glitterbird

The black and white really pops. I love the stark contrast. The strenght is one of my favs. Very cool and interesting. What shape will the actual cards be?

Cat*

I also like the contrasts, the occasional humor, the occasional darkness (sometimes in the same card), and the way most of the images (of the ones I looked at) are truly interesting interpretations that make me think anew about the concept of the card.

At first I thought the thumbnails were showing the entire cards and wondered why you used all these different shapes. But when I clicked on one of them, I noticed they all lead to a bigger, complete (and rectangular) image... :laugh:

I'm also seconding what rwcarter said about wishing for a companion book or at least an extended LWB to learn some of your ideas behind the images you chose.

Good luck for the last stretch of drawing and for finding a publisher if that's what you want!

GryffinSong

Your cards are awesome!!! I've always wished there was a truly wonderful black and white deck, and until now I've been disappointed. Please do publish ... I'd love a copy!!! :)

Barefoot Fool

What shape will the actual cards be?

I understand your question only after looking at the next entry. Do you think I should make it more obvious on the website that you have to click on the image to see the whole card?

GryffinSong

I understand your question only after looking at the next entry. Do you think I should make it more obvious on the website that you have to click on the image to see the whole card?

Yes. I didn't figure it out until I saw your post here.

Bhavana

i LIKE it. It's not at all absurd. The devil sure is....flexible.

Chronata

Those are sweet! And a few are a little dark too...Love them!