Discussion Thread for: The Making of a New AT Collab Deck

daphne

Not speaking now as a maven but as a reader, I'm not crazy about the feel of the gamecrafter cards... I will look into getting samples (and quotes of course) from various printers to compare.

I also dont like their cardstock. Printerstudio is much better.

gregory

2. Borders: yea or nay? Border color is not a decision that needs to be made right away.
Oh but it does matter. If the cards were to have - say - a purple tartan border (yes I am being silly to make a point !) that would dramatically affect what I put together to fit in there :D

I'm OK with gamecrafter stock, by the way. Ly's decks are really nice.

tarotbear

The 79th Card ...

The 79th Card? :confused:

BTW - :laugh: if this becomes the paper deck it seems to be leaning towards - let's not forget there has to be a design for the backs of the cards!

And also, since annabel seems more than capable in this department - a design for the eventual box!

...already thinking about his Devil card design ....

danieljuk

I am not the greatest artist but wanted to ask about taking a card. Do we get an approx outline of the card size and then can do whatever we want for our chosen card? just wanted to check before agreeing to one! :)

tarotbear

I am not the greatest artist but wanted to ask about taking a card. Do we get an approx outline of the card size and then can do whatever we want for our chosen card? just wanted to check before agreeing to one! :)

Dan - check back in post #47 - I think your answer may be 'yes'.

Gulliver

Thanks tarotbear, and please keep commenting ;) good idea. Gulliver, maybe you could change the first post in both threads to make even more clear that this thread is for discussions only, and the other one for signing up for a card

Done! And thousand thanks for your comments!! Am back at home but now.

Gulliver

I had to read all posts...

People, you are great!!! Thanks so much for the support!

Flames, thousand thanks to you too!! And Annabel - I really have no words but tears...big hug to you, I'll take your position to the first side.

I noticed, that almost all posters are in agreement re most of the details and so I am.
My suggestions:

- tarot size
- unnumbered majors, titles to be added by Annabel
- fully illustrated minors, titles to be added by Annabel
- uniform borders

Laura Borealis

- Printed deck?

Yes please.

- Unnumbered Majors

Unnumbered works, it solves the Justice/Strength question. (A choice will still have to be made for the ordering in the LWB, though.)

- Numbered Minors post-production or not?

Post-production for consistency.

- Creator to add title themselves or not?

Either way works for me.

- Traditional names/titles

If added post-production, traditional is good (but which tradition?). If added by the artist, then I think they should be able to use an alternate name if they want (for instance Seer instead of Hierophant). It's going to be an idiosyncratic deck anyway.

- Bordered cards (with a consistent border width) or borderless? (see #47)

I'm leaning toward bordered but I can go either way.

- potential size to work with: 2 - 3/4" x 4 - 3/4" (check tarobear's posts #39, etc.)

That works. I'm flexible though.

- annabel398 is willing to contribute in a huge technical way :)

Thank you! :)

- Formatting options: PNGs, PSDs, JPGs...

Prefer a lossless format for obvious reasons, if it will be a print deck.

starlightexp

I'd be willing to be one of the 6 as well if you need.

Gulliver

Yippieh, thank you, starlightexp! :heart: You are experienced and a deck creator, if I'm right.

Tarotbear, I want to thank you for your high qualified comments at this point!!