2 down, 76 to go...

Simone

Wonderful!

So you really are not thinking of publishing this?

I'd buy it within a second of it coming out!

It's sooooooo good!

Love
Simone

Grigori

Thats fantastic Temperlyne! I really like your take on the card. The snake looking so menacing between her posed hands is really striking.

(And a brunette finally... I was getting ready to call you deck "Tarot of the Redheads :D... Not that I have anything at all against red-heads. Quite the contrary ;) )

temperlyne

thnx Simone!
Initially I was not going to publish this deck, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Offcourse I still have less than 10 cards finished so thinking about publishing seems a bit premature... If I'm honest though, I would love to have my deck published one day! (who wouldn't) But before I seriously start thinking about publishing I need to paint a lot more cards!

Similia... I never noticed all the redheads untill you mentioned it... How silly of me. It's probably because red just contrasts nicely... It was never my intention!

Back to the aces, the wand is waiting to be completed.

Chronata

It's never too early to think about publishing!

I wish I had started the process long before I had finished my Majors...because there is a lot to think about, and a lot that can frustrate you, if you are not prepared.

And I so hope you do some sort of publishing for these incredible images, Temperlyne!

I really must have these as a working deck! I already know they would be a pure delight to read with!

Strength is just fantastic. You get both a sense of the kinetic energy, and a sense of the calm control, all in the same image.

This deck really excites me. I eagerly anticipate the next painting!

cormac

temperlyne said:
And here is the second finished card; The ace of cups.

The new age kind of feel surprises me somewhat since it is not my usual style at all but it just came out this way. I guess it is fitting for the ace of cups though.
I depicted a golden chalise in the shape of the female reproductive organs to remble the sacred life vessel of the grail.
Out of it springs hope in the shape of a dove, who carries a cell filled with the promiss of new life.
It was somewhat inspired by the ace of cups from the Crowley Thoth

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/15514455/

i've put off coming into this section of the forum because i didn't want to get that 'create a deck' fever too soon ;) -- but there is some wondrful st5uff here:)

your lovers card i liked -- your ace of cups one tho really stands out for me -- reminds me of georgia o'keefe in a way -- :) -- i look forward to see it completed

(i just googled o'keefe tarot and didn't find anything -- anyone ever hear of one? that would be a good subject matter for a deck perhaps :) )

temperlyne

Chronata said:
It's never too early to think about publishing!

I wish I had started the process long before I had finished my Majors...because there is a lot to think about, and a lot that can frustrate you, if you are not prepared.

The whole publication process sort of freaks me out, I can't imagine everything that has to be dealt with... And I really don't look forward to dragging my pictures around, hoping someone will like them enough. I'm just not much of a saleswomen. But I suppose you are right, it is never too early to start thinking about it. I'll have to go through some old threads about publishing to make up my mind about what my options are..

All the great responses that I'm getting here really do make me less nervous about getting "out there" with my deck! It really means a lot to me..

cormac

temperlyne said:
The whole publication process sort of freaks me out, I can't imagine everything that has to be dealt with... And I really don't look forward to dragging my pictures around, hoping someone will like them enough. I'm just not much of a saleswomen. But I suppose you are right, it is never too early to start thinking about it. I'll have to go through some old threads about publishing to make up my mind about what my options are..

All the great responses that I'm getting here really do make me less nervous about getting "out there" with my deck! It really means a lot to me..

the intricacies of the deck is a great fascination to me -- i love that type of work :) -- getting each and every detail correct -- what a great feeling when you have finished the task

mike gorth

I think you have some serious talent but I only like the Hanged Man, The Lovers, Strength, and the Ace of Pent. All of the others are too exoticto me. I Don't see the cup in the ace of cups so I would be really confused.

temperlyne

I finished the ace of wands and will try to post that one here soon. Right now I'm looking for a model for my emperor and started painting on the page of pents. The court cards are confusing me a bit, my majors and minors a more or less surrealistic but I think I want my courts to be more human but not too realistic. I guess I'd better get back to work so I can show you my first attempt at a court card somewhere next week...

temperlyne

As promised the ace of wands

http://www.deviantart.com/view/17472927/

It is a terrible picture and the colours don't show very well, I hope to fix.
edited: I posted a much better picture, with more acurate colours.

The wand is about male potency and raw energy to me. It is inspired by the thoth, a maypole and my parents garden lights....