AT's ATC Tarot Deck Project and Exhibition

Gayla

110 card stock or photo paper...which is better?

rebecca-smiles

I'm notsure as i've never used photo paper. My printer is down at mo so won't be able to experiment with printing til next week. would it not work well to stick photo paper (better image) to card stock? i had thought about doing this.

My originals will be print outs because the images will be finished on the computer. Although i might hand collage the lot if i can get all the 'bits' without digitaly adding them.

Colly34

rebecca-smiles said:
Seeing as these thingys are always hard to 'fill up' (ATC sets of any number usually require some heavy handed promotion) would people:

1) like to extend the deadline, until the list is complete or
2) open the swap to people outside AT?

I am happy either way, why not try extending the deadline first and then if need be open it up to other groups.

Colly

firecatpickles

Moderator Note:

rebecca-smiles said:
Seeing as these thingys are always hard to 'fill up' (ATC sets of any number usually require some heavy handed promotion) would people:

1) like to extend the deadline, until the list is complete or
2) open the swap to people outside AT?

The only option is option 1) Extend the deadline.

There are several reasons:
  1. Inter-Forum dialogue would necessitate Linking the two Forums (not allowed, as this is "advertisement.")
  2. We need to avoid other Forums from skimming our members or guests from AT.
  3. We would like to avoid "cross-Forum wars, arguments, or bad feelings," however unlikely.
  4. "What happens in other communities is not our concern."

Sorry to be so heavy-handed, but the guidelines are clear.

Thank you for your understanding,
kilts_knave

Colly34

No problem!
I understand the concerns outlined.

Would it be ok to promote it elsewhere, but make it clear that if people want to participate they need to join AT?

Colly

rebecca-smiles

Fair enough. There is plenty of time as it can be extended until may. The only drawback is waiting for the deck.

My only concern is that interest tails off on sign-ups quite quickly, so keeping people coming on board could be a problem. I had anticipated this though, as it is easy to imagine this is a more expensive/difficult thing to achieve than it actually is.

Well folks, spread the word!

firecatpickles

Colly34 said:
Would it be ok to promote it elsewhere, but make it clear that if people want to participate they need to join AT?
Colly, Rebecca has already done this:

rebecca-smiles said:

"Whoever" will be directed to join once they follow the Link here to AT.

The fact that there are two deck creation projects going on at once probably doesn't help. Why not collaborate Inter-Thread here on AT? In other words, may some of the creations on the ACT AT ***Majors Only*** Deck Project Thread be used here and vice versa?

Rebecca, perhaps you and DraagonStorm could get ogether via PM and discuss this, if you're interested.

KK

rebecca-smiles

"The fact that there are two deck creation projects going on at once probably doesn't help"

Yes i agree. It was my original intention to start a deck when i introduced the art to this forum, but wasn't keen on the 'ACEO' or i could have simply started a minors deck. Since Draagonstorm has confirmed that it is not for sale though....

I'm open to that.

The possible problem here is the names: There is a very subtle, but very important difference i.e many makers of ATC's won't touch ACEO's, for the reasons mentioned in the earlier posts.

We have three people doing the same cards as someone else on the AECO project. I don't want to volunteer people to change their preferences if their hearts are set on them. but if we did join up with it, i feel it would be up to us to accomodate their selections, which came first.

Since ACEO is 'majors only' I would be understanding if they felt that a full deck is too demanding on time-scale. But i would be happy to make this a joint project.

Colly34

I'm sorry but if this project becomes an ACEO deck then I feel I would have to drop out.
I know it has been said that this deck will not be for sale but the problem lies in the fact that everyone who knows anything about ATC's and ACEO's will associate ACEO's wil cards that are sold.
I am very much against this, as think I made clear on this and the ACEO thread.

Colly

MrsOnePotato

I think that it was made clear quite a while ago that the only reason "ACEO" is still in that thread's title is because it is technically impossible for the originator of the thread to correct it. The 22-card project is about trading with other members of this forum...not selling the final product.

Can the moderator alter a title with the poster's permission?