the phantomwise tarot - deck in progress

Moonboy

The cards are incredible!!!

You are a very talented artist!!!!!

~Moonboy~

lunakasha

Congratulations Erin!!! :party:

WOW.....I really do NEED this deck.... :eek: *looks around quickly for decks to sell*

Your deck is truly one of a kind, and I can't wait for the minors....just beautiful, wonderful, magical.....:heart: (you get the idea!)

:) Luna

VGimlet

Congratulations - I am so glad to see them available!

I put them on my wanted list when I first saw them. I have to wait a bit though.

Gorgeous! I can't wait. :D

kaytee83

Absolutely beautiful deck. Sadly my student funds can't stretch that high but hopefully one day I'll be lucky enough to own a copy. Excellent work.

MegaDeck

comment & feedback? i'm not sure...

half a second in my visit to the gallery, the color theme
of the 'world spirit tarot came to mind....

hihi

Chronata

This is my new favorite deck.

I was going to say, my new favorite Majors Only...but I think it trancends that label.

I would not hesitate to recommend this one to all those on the fence.

Buy it! You will not regret it!

It's magical. Simply gorgeous. It acts as a portal to a whole new dimension for me. Erin...you are a genius.

and Adam...you did an amazing job with the card stock on this one.
It feels similar to the wonderful smooth and sensual finish of the Sakki Sakki.

This deck just Rocks. I am in love.

alizarin

Aw, thanks Chronata! That's high praise, indeed.

And Em, I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner but the laminate for the deck is matte, Adam sent me samples in both matte and gloss and we both agreed that the matte suited the deck much better. Oh, and if anyone has a thing about card backs like I do, I posted a peek at them over on my journal, here. (I can't use a deck unless I like the backs, myself.)

Thank you all so much for the congrats & compliments, I'm really thrilled with how well the majors turned out, and even moreso that thanks to Adam they get to be cards already! I started painting the Fool just about a year ago, so really it's all gone rather quickly.

Though I do need to stop sitting around being proud of myself and get to work on the minors. I've done some sketches and I'm hoping to have a few paintings done by the end of the month.

alizarin

Ha, did I really say "by the end of the month" back in October? That was obviously a big lie.

Anyway, hi! Long time no Phantomwise Tarot update, and I apologize for that. I ended up basically taking the end of '07 off from working on the deck. I needed to work on other things and think about what I wanted to do with the minors and so they've become the official project of 2008.

And while 2008 did kind of sneak up on me, I am off to a good start and finished the aces today. I'm having some technical difficulties getting them properly photographed but I have posted a preview of them over here on my journal. Hopefully I'll have better images (and a Minor Arcana gallery) up by next week.

I'm really, really going to try to finish the entire deck by the end of the year. It's feasible, I think, barring any unforeseen problems. 4 down, 52 to go at any rate.

Chronata

Those Aces are really wonderful! I am so excited!

I like the bold simplicity of them...and I really love how they fit together like a puzzle! (and you have a very decent camera, too!)

I am super excited for you! But take it from me...don't try to put any deadline on when you need to finish. It will make you crazy.

Just trust that they will be finished when they need to be! :love:

I am patient (sort of) I can wait for my perfect deck! :D

truelighth

Ah, such wonderful news.. new cards!!! I really love your art. I have the majors only edition and it is one of my favorites already. The new aces look great. How wonderful how they all fit together. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. But I agree with Chronata, take your time and don't rush it. :)