Tree Tarot (In Progress)

the_surfacer

These cards are absolutely amazing. The idea of a tree deck had been running around my brain last night, but I couldn't quite put pictures to some of the cards. You have surmounted that beautifully. This art makes me so happy -- I especially adore the Hanged Tree.

I can't wait to see what you do with the Minors!

Chronata

Wow girl! I didn't know you finished the Major set! Whoo hoo!
Congratulations!

So...I absolutely adore them all.

I especially like the Star...it's you...but a quite different you, if you know what I mean!... And I really like the revised devil card a lot, as well!

Combining the tarot with the natural world of trees, you have taken me into a new understanding of both, which is really saying something.

Well done! And I love that your swirly trees have found a new and appreciative audience!

AllyBrooke

These cards are truly beautiful, you have such talent. Thank you for sharing.

And by the way, welcome and Happy New Year.

xxx

lunakasha

I just found this thread....I REALLY love your work and look forward to more!

And since I have always been fascinated with trees, I am anxious to see this deck completed....you are off to a great start with the Majors!

I have a few favorites....the Magician is one, because of the gorgeous, fiery foliage.
And the revised Devil with the raven....LOVE it, especially the background colors.

Thanks for sharing....please continue!

:) Luna

Cerridwen

Welcome to AT and what a beautiful deck, that very much appeals to the Druidess in me :D

Best of luck with the rest of it x

Little Hare

I don't think the borders do anything for your cards, sorry, they actually detract away from the beautiful art that is your cards.

I think they look lovely without the borders :)

Such beautiful work

:heart:

firefrost

I've just found this thread, too. I agree, the cards are beautiful and I look forward to seeing more as well.

tarot4fun

Another tree lover here~ :D
Beautiful art!

Good luck~
:heart:

adriayna

thorhammer said:
Thankyou, adriayna! Beautiful, just lovely! Is it too much to ask that you're working on the Minors? :laugh:

I do like the border, I'm just a bit concerned that the purple might be a bit garish beside some of the cards including a lot of red and orange? Or are the borders going to be different colours on different cards? I think it's tastefully done, minimal-like. I'm not a border fan, although I see the necessity of them.

Keep us informed of the progress and potential availability - this one's a keeper! :heart:

\m/ Kat

Yeah, I'm re-thinking the border. I think I might go with a more minimal border with them...not sure. I was struggling with putting the text over the art, so decided to go with a border for that. But it might be too much the way I currently have it. I"m going to play with a few other ideas and see what comes up!

adriayna

karen0205 said:
Hi adriayna,
Trees are such a fun subject. I love the swirls of the trees in the moon card. I think your cards are great. They would be fun to read with, the meaning is there but not in the traditional illustrations. Will you include some animals in with the trees in the minors?

Where are you in Indiana? I'm in Illinois just across the border up by Dyer and Merillville.

Karen

I doing things with the seasons combined with a primary color, I think. I've tried to stay focused on the trees themselves, and letting the trees tell the story. I was working on the 7 of wands just today, and that came out so well with the idea of the trees....but I may add some more in.

I'm in Lafayette, Indiana. I currently am working on my Ph.D at Purdue :)