Celestial Stick People

HoneyBea

I was really surprised when I looked at this deck, I think it is evocative - and beautifully done - good job! :)

oogby

Hi there! Here's an update...

The cards re pretty much done, and I'm working on getting a nice web site up.

Still looking into figuring out how to fund the printing of these things... the startup costs are kind of intimidating there.

Thanks for your support!

Whitney

I just found this thread. These cards are amazing!! I love how modern and cute they are--The World card is an example of this! I hope it gets published.

nicky

oogby said:
Hi there! Here's an update...

The cards re pretty much done, and I'm working on getting a nice web site up.

Still looking into figuring out how to fund the printing of these things... the startup costs are kind of intimidating there.

Thanks for your support!

Is the site up yet?

Marli

Just found this thread, and I have to say, I LUV what I'm seeing, if you're printing, then add me to the list for sure, I have to admit, when I saw the title I was like.. Hmmmmph, but was soooo pleasantly suprised at how calming and yet intensly beautiful the images are!

oogby

Hi there!

It's great to see comments trickle in all the time... I really appreciate it.

Right now I'm looking into printing these myself using plaincards (www.plaincards.com) and handmade boxes. If anybody has any experience with plaincards, I'd love to hear your comments... I haven't gotten any samples yet, but I like that the startup costs are low.

If that looks doable, I'll set up a web site where you can put in pre-orders... but that's probably still a month or two away at least.

-Brian

SarahRose

I love the deck!

staticfuzz

They really are quite nice! I love stick figures, but I like my tarot to have "nicer" art...these combine the two really nicely, I just LOVE the way they glow.

GreenMoonBeam

Had not looked at this thread as 'Stick People' created a different meaning.

But now I have and WOW. Please add me to the list. Such beauty. :):

Adam McLean

oogby said:
Right now I'm looking into printing these myself using plaincards and handmade boxes.

I think you will find that a major part of your costs would be the printing - especially
if you use an injet printer. From your images it looks like you will have 100% ink coverage
which will be a significant factor in the costs.

Also the perforations in plaincards may cause feeding problems or also catch the jets of the printer and result in ink being drawn across the fibres of the edges of the cards.
It would be cheaper and easier to use their custom printed backs rather than print your own back design.

If you use an injet printer, remember most of these use a dye that is water soluable so they can smear on contact with sweaty fingers. One is normally advised to spray these with a fixative or varnish.

Do test this (and price it too) before buying a mass of stock.

It would be interesting to see what results you can achieve.