druidcraft

UniversesCollide

hmmm, good point. I got my set quite some time ago. This is one of those confusing things where it might be worth going to a physical bookstore. Even if they have to order the set you will have a chance to look at it and really be sure you're getting what you think before handing over money.

I know Amazon is pretty good with returns but I also know it's so easy to forget to do it, can be more of a hassle than it feels worth, and for many people, not so easy to get to the post office if they don't have their own private mailbox that will fit something of that size.

FLizarraga

But wasn't the old edition just like this, or was the book ever available on its own?

I mean, I'm assuming there's a new edition --or am I missing something?

Wheel of Fantastic

I bought the deck that comes with the small 80 page book; that appears to be the only one readily available new on Amazon UK. There is another set - the deck and a 160 page book in a larger box - this appears to be out of print at the moment. I could be wrong about that but I haven't seen this larger set available in the Tarot selling shops here in London and it's only available from 3rd party sellers on Amazon.

Smells like OOP to me. Incidentally, the small book with the deck I bought says it's a 2016 edition so the deck was reprinted but apparently the larger set hasn't?

I've read reviews of the deck that say the card stock wasn't great; the card stock on mine is pretty good so if you weren't happy with an older edition maybe try a new copy.

Elkins

If having a physical copy of the book isn't important to you and you have an Android device, then you might want to consider the Fool's Dog app for the Druidcraft. It includes the full text of the original book, and at $4 is likely the least expensive way of getting your hands on that material, especially if the big kit has indeed gone out of print. Even if you can find a copy of the big kit still floating around, the difference in price between it and the smaller box is still probably more than $4. (Although of course, sometimes it's nice to have the book in tangible form.)

CharlotteK

If having a physical copy of the book isn't important to you and you have an Android device, then you might want to consider the Fool's Dog app for the Druidcraft. It includes the full text of the original book, and at $4 is likely the least expensive way of getting your hands on that material

Ah why didn't I think of this! I have the app, didn't realise it was the full text. Thanks :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Freddie

I really like the big book for this deck as I think it helps to illuminate the art/symbolism of the deck. I wanted a copy on my Kindle Fire, I will check the app out.

Freddie

Vixxia

There is another set - the deck and a 160 page book in a larger box - this appears to be out of print at the moment. I could be wrong about that but I haven't seen this larger set available in the Tarot selling shops here in London and it's only available from 3rd party sellers on Amazon.

Smells like OOP to me. Incidentally, the small book with the deck I bought says it's a 2016 edition so the deck was reprinted but apparently the larger set hasn't?

I'm not sure whether the large book set has been reprinted, but I've found this listing on Amazon UK which has the publication date of the deck set I own, 2004, as well as a photo of the picture on the front of the box, not the front of the book. The product synopsis also says it's a book and card set.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1859061443/aeclectictaro-21/

I'm hoping that it is the original large book and deck set, as I may need to get another copy, so if anyone buys it can they let me know what they actually recieved? I know I could try places other than Amazon to find a set, but I'm hoping to be able to use the vouchers I got for Christmas 'cause I'm skint. :)

Luna's Crone