If your Tarot decks were human. . .

EmpyreanKnight

If your Tarot decks were human, how do you imagine would they be like?

Just an idle thought I had earlier. I think some of us feel like our decks have personalities or quirks. Like for example, one of your lighthearted fairy decks which might look dainty and breezy on the outside might give the most brutally frank and no-nonsense advice. Or the intimidating dark deck you have which takes itself seriously most of the time gives the most sappy (though accurate) relationship readings.

Personally for me, I think the Thoth is like an old, hermetic, scholarly uncle who keeps to himself in his ancient but well-kept Victorian mansion, with only his tons of books to keep him company. Although he may be taciturn and officious and likely to scare others who just met him, once you come knocking on his doors he welcomes you in with genuine pleasure. He does not want to seem like a softie but he is always available to help, although if he think's you're being dumb you'll hear from him alright. He has lots of cool occult stuff. Though from the outside his abode looks dark and forbidding, once you enter it you're stuck by all the colorful art that's sprawled over it. You feel that if you do good and play your cards right, it shall all be yours to inherit.

The Rider-Waite-Smith is much warmer and affectionate, although she comports herself properly like a prim, well-bred lady. She is like a kindly aunt who is a respected denizen of her town, a retired bluestocking who spends her days in various committees and who's active in church (the RWS has Judaeo-Christian overtones after all). Behind closed doors though, she holds many secrets. Her mastery of the esoteric is unquestioned and she is bound by the strictest oaths. But whenever you consult her, she has never been anything but gracious, and she always takes pleasure in your company. She is likely to be straightforward with you, and though she does try to be gentle, she knows that giving it to you upfront is the best approach. And the thing is, every time you talk to her, you feel as if you've somewhat grown wiser. You definitely like her a lot, and the feeling is very much mutual.

As for the Vargo Gothic, he is very much like the Byronic dark lord of the castle that figures so much in Gothic literature. While everything about him seems sinister, he is actually a perfectly charming and gracious host, plus he is loads of fun. He has allowed you free access to his domain, and although his express orders were that you may roam anywhere free amd unmolested, you're still a bit apprehensive by all you see. He is always ready to lend a helping hand though, and he has never treated you falsely, so there's that.

So how about you, how are your decks like?

Linfang

What a great idea!

My Anna K would be my late grandmother. She came from a rural family, knew the hardships of life, but always maintained a positive attitude towards things. This is just like I perceive my Anna K. Solid, no-nonsense and kind. Nothing cute, nothing polished, nothing fancy to be found here, but comforting, like hot cocoa. Whatever ails you, in her wisdom she knows how to help you and find the right words for you.

roxana

That's fun.

And we can imagine a vice versa. What tarot deck I would be?

Linfang

That's fun.

And we can imagine a vice versa. What tarot deck I would be?

I'd definitely be a pocket edition, because I'm so small ☺

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Falcor

I think I would be my Fey tarot heh.

EmpyreanKnight

Lol I'd probably be the most vanilla Tarot deck you ever did see. Hmmmm I think I'd be the Corporate Tarot, because I don't look like I have a mystic bone in my body and well, that's what I do for a living.

I don't think there's a gym rat Tarot, is there?

Nemia

I'd probably be the Eroteme tarot because it has a card that looks like how i feel that I look:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b6/c7/4b/b6c74bd826ec720bd5d45ebc25178716.jpg

:)

But otherwise, I'm the Touchstone, that's the deck that feels like home to me.

If my decks were people? The Trionfi della Luna have a crazy cackle and eat their cream cake with their fingers. Margarethe Petersen looks dreamily out of the window and doesn't answer when spoken to. Tabula Mundi's in the library, in the forbidden corner, where the dusty old volumes sit.

Robert Place's decks sit together in a clean, fresh, slightly cool room. They put little slices of cucumber into their sparking wine like they do in Scandinavia and after one glass, they switch over to sparkling water. They talk only with each other.

Anna K. has dirt under her fingernails from picking vegetables for the next meal. Shadowscapes looks at her in surprise, wings fluttering. Is this earthy lady for real? Secret Forest is best friends with both of them and knows how to find a common topic for conversation. Anna K. also finds it easy to converse with Morgan Greer. And Shadowscapes finds a high tower to climb with Universal Fantsay, her big brother.

Badgers Forest is shy and disappears quickly, especially when it sees Housewives coming with her sharp voice and rubber gloves.

JadePixie

Old Path - a kind aunt who always has honest advice

Circo - an optimistic but honest BFF

Anna K - warm but sometimes stern grandmother

Hidden Realm - hippy big sister

Mary El - wise witchy mumma

Thoth - creepy esoteric uncle

Dreams of Gaia - outwardly hippie but actually very practical (yet kind) school teacher/therapist

Padma

Hmmm.

Rabbit tarot is the rabbit in the headlights.

Prisma Tarot is Van Gogh tripping wildly on acid.

Daniloff is the master puppeteer taking a personal day and reaching out on Facebook.

Touchstone is a family album of everyone I have ever met or known, secretly practicing selfies and deep, meaningful looks in their bedroom mirrors, so that their "best side" always shows.

Connolly is the one who relaxes with colouring books in his down-time. He loves the heavy black outlines ;)

Tarot Mucha eats too many tea cakes, reads Harlequin romances, and likes to paint water-colors. Cries prettily when she thinks people are watching, and is prone to fainting spells. Especially if there are gentlemen about!

WildWood is the kid who likes to play in the forest behind his back yard; you need a special pass to enter his tree house. He'll probably make you eat a mud pie for initiation. You're not allowed to join his secret society unless you haven't combed your hair, or washed, in months.

If I was a deck? (long pause for thought) I think I would be The Hidden Realm. It is full of my many faces, and my imagined family members (I secretly believe I was adopted, though I have no proof, sadly. I kept waiting for my "real family" to come and get me). I belong in that tribe!

ETA Empyrean, thanks for the fun! :) and Nemia, I loved your post! BUT no way that you look like that! :p

EmpressArwen

WildWood is the kid who likes to play in the forest behind his back yard; you need a special pass to enter his tree house. He'll probably make you eat a mud pie for initiation. You're not allowed to join his secret society unless you haven't combed your hair, or washed, in months.

hahaha I instantly thought I'm the WildWood tarot...and then I read what you wrote. Yeah. You just summed up my entire childhood right there. haha

Eta...I should clarify...I never made anyone EAT a mudpie but many mudpies were made...for battle purposes.