'The Answer is Simple Oracle Cards'

DragonFae

I like the deck but do see some limitations. I think the deck has deeper meaning then what it seems at first glance. BUT that also means reading intuitively or above and beyond the interpretations in the book.

It is great for one word advice or insight and the three card spread they suggest works well....much past that and things seem to get a bit murky. And I do not think every problem is a result of the ego and the spirit being in conflict although there are many times when that makes sense....just not all of the time.

WolfSpirit

I received this deck last week, I could not resist when I ordered books from amazon anyway ;)
I think Choquette's decks are most useful to draw a daily card as a "what should I pay attention to today", or as an advice card in addition to a tarot reading. I don't think it is suitable for exploring underlying structures or outside influences etc. but it can be helpful when indeed, you need a simple and quick answer.
I see these kind of decks more as affirmation/self help cards than as an oracle.

hunter said:
Sonia comes from a "just world philosophy". She believes we always bring the good and the bad on ourselves by our choices. I don't believe that, and this philosophy is often the cause of "secondary wounding".
I don't believe in that philosophy either, but I also think that people often don't see the power that they do have, and that is when this deck can be useful.
I don't see this as an all-round deck that would be suitable for all circumstances.

hunter

I haven't read all of Sonia's work, but what I've read so far, she believes our power is based on making right choices. Sometimes we can make all the right choices and really bad stuff happens anyway and we are left feeling powerless. I recently came across this quote below and it was helpful to me. It might be worth scribbling in an entry about power or empowerment.

Despite how strongly you may feel, you are not helpless. You are not powerless. The basis of your personal power lies in how well you know yourself, your feelings and abilities as well as your limitations. Power lies in your abilities.

• There is power in knowing what you feel and think.
• There is power in knowing how to comfort yourself
• There is power is expressing yourself
• There is power in the skills with which you express yourself.
• There is power in your knowledge of your limitations.

I really like Sonia's decks. A lot. But they do have lacks. People who have experienced trauma and extreme episodes of powerlessness need too use them with caution and supplementation.

Mellifluous

I recently got this deck. I'm entirely ignoring the booklet (not a fan of the author at all) and reading the cards intuitively. I love them, so far. :love: They're beautiful, both in artwork and messages.

I didn't look through the whole deck when I opened it, (I'm becoming familiar with it, over time, through using it instead), but I haven't come across any objectionable concepts on the cards so far.