Nisaba's Timing Method

TarotJen

I knew there was a reason I found that strange New Age Tarot for so cheap, and couldn't resist buying it! I've had it for 3 weeks and hadn't even shuffled it, though i did go through the cards one by one... Didn't feel right for reading, but it will be perfect for timing! Time is such a strange, wobbly thing, it's only right that my timing deck would also be strange and wobbly :)

conversus

Is this the good excus... i mean REASON to get a TdM Mini I have been looking for lo these many years?

Happy New Year N.

CED

canid

One of those 99 cent Dollar Tree decks would work, right? Plus, they're small. I've had one for a couple of years but never used it; I think the pips are unillustrated. I don't remember what's wrong with this deck but there's something...

ETA: Why not just remove the majors?

nisaba

I don't remember what's wrong with this deck but there's something...
It has aces AND ones! Precious -

And it's missing some of the pip cards in every suit, can't remember exactly which.

ETA: Why not just remove the majors?
Because sometimes there *is* no timing. It is down to the querent's choices and behaviours. Which the Majors illustrate.

canid

Thank you! Do you have one of those Dollar Tree decks? Just curious...I'm thinking of using this deck tho-

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=140075&highlight=wizard

for timing. It's OOP. The 'Wizard' card could suffice as a major perhaps ie unavailable. It's just such a cool little deck that I don't use. Never thought of dedicating it to timing.

canid

Never mind; I think I have the only deck left on the planet. And it's way cool. I like the Wizard & Dragon cards even tho there are no majors & no explanation about their meanings. Use your own interpretation. Whoever designed it knows a lot about tarot though. Wonderful for your timing method, Nisaba!

nisaba

I do have a Dollar Tree - along with a couple of other horrors, it's there for comic relief in my collection. You need a good laugh once in a while. :)

I don't have that other one, and it's not really tempting me, I must say.

theboomz

At first when I saw this thread, I thought I didn't have a deck for it, or I would think about it later. But no, I have a deck that's purrrrrfect for this.

Thank you!!

I also love when you visit the Your Readings and Using Tarot cards forum. I learn a lot from you. Recently the two of swords, two of pentacles one... excellent!!