The Sunshine Lenormand

karen0205

I love the artwork. It's very nice and a refreshing look from all the
lenormand decks that are trying to look vintage. I like the fish and
the heart. I did have a little trouble at first deciphering the first
card that it was Clover. I thought the focus was the blue flowers
and the green the bottom was leaves/greenery. Then I noticed
the clover. I think it's because a couple of them have more pointed
leaves than the traditional rounded ones. It is a beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing. You are so talented!

Village Witch

Lovely large clear pictures! I like my cards uncluttered.

I do agree with those that said the bluebells were distracting on the Clover card. I have never seen clovers with flowers as such. Also, the leaves around the heart are a bit distracting too. I absolutely loved the fish card!

Please don't be discouraged by any critiques. Just voicing my preferences. I can't wait to see the whole deck. This is definitely a deck I look forward to!

CasCanete

thank you all for the comments and suggestions! I might try to subdue the leaves around the heart card. So they are still there but with less contrast may blend in with the background a bit more- allowing the heart to really pop. I decided to use leaves simple because on a lot of classic decks I noticed flora around the heart card, I also think just a heart would be a bit too graphic for my art style.

greatdane

I love that idea CasCanete

It wasn't the leaves in and of themselves, just that that is what I first saw when I looked at it as they were at the top and at first I thought, Bouquet. Flowers, leaves around the Heart, inside it, all fine. It's seeing the HEART pop first that is helpful to me, not that flowers or leaves bother me at all as long as they are really in the foreground more. Same with the Clover. I saw the flowers and since they are blue and caught my eye first, Clover wasn't my first thought. It's not so much what is in the picture, it's how in the forefront the main image is and what catches the eye quickly. I LOVE your style though and know it will be a most stunning deck!

CasCanete

Thank you so much GD! I know I will have to tweak most of these paintings before they are finalized.

Here's the key- it took so long because because the first painting just didn't work out. But this one I'm pleased enough with. Definitely the most difficult to paint so far, surprisingly.

key_zps71970e72.jpg

Grizabella

These really are beautiful. I watched a youtube video the other day that Donnaleigh made, giving pointers about what's good art in a Lenormand and what isn't. She pointed out that the cards need to be small and the art easy to identify immediately because Lenormand is read quickly and we need not to have to guess what the card image is referring to when we first look at the card. I think these are beautiful, but the blue bell type flowers in the clover card might be a distraction. Not to me, especially, but to someone who would like just the clover.

The Gilded Reverie has background art, but it's definitely faint enough to be able to read that one in spite of it. It enhances the images but doesn't compete with them. I love my Gilded Reverie but I think it's a bit on the large side size-wise. I like the little decks for ease of use.

I can't wait to see the rest of your work on Lenormands.

Village Witch

The Key is very beautiful, CasCanete, as are all your cards so far. I am very much anticipating the completion of your deck. Your art work is simple but seriously stunning!

greatdane

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE KEY!!!

It's perfect and speaks volumes as the KEY. I just love it!

CasCanete

Thank you all so much! I'm really considering redoing the clover card later...I feel like even the few weeks since starting the deck has sort of evolved from that style. I also want to take all your feedback into consideration and really make a deck that is readable.

Anyways, here's the Mountain from today's work.

mountain_zpsced77292.jpg

CasCanete

Also, I'm torn weather to keep the gradient to that bright yellow or change it to just one background color....I liked it at first and it was in my thumbnails but I'm having second thoughts. yay or nay?